• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why cant I legally lock my kids up?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 0 Replies

dh & I have 3 teens, raised all the same way. 

DS is 17 , failed jr and now failed summer school. Because he wont do his work, short of my ass quiting working and sitting in class with him I am at a loss. He keeps sneaking out, I took every thing, he has clothes, a bed, and bedding thats it. He doesnt work (not that he has to) , yes I have called the cops in the past when hes run off, but hes 17 now and honestly i give up calling (he'll be 18 in January). Hes been pulling this crap since 14. Hes been in Juvi twice , once for theft, and then for assult. We helped him the first time, second we let him ride it out. 

DD1 is 15(16 in september) , shes straight A's just got back from a college camp, and does tutoring for spending money. She is back by curfew (we go by the minor code in our township) 10pm in school year and 11pm in summer. We've had the usual teen issues, attiude and such. But nothing as crazy as ds. 

DD2 is 13 (just turned) and we are starting with issues,  she has a "bf" ... ya and will be a freshman this year. She constantly "modifys" her clothes (thanks pintrest) and She keeps throwing tantrums for a phone. 

I knew theyd be teens some day... but DAMN IT!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)