Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to go to school but DH.....ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
And I can not afford childcare:( we live in a different state than any of our family we have few friends non willing to watch for free not to mention the cost of school it's self

Sucks being middle class we don't get food stamps ECT can't get childcare help and only can get 1,300 in pell grants ( more than some I know but not enough in our case) so looks like I will not be going :(

ETA I want to go to cosmetology school it's not offered online
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonandon
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlmynm81
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM

There are a number of online schools that are awesome!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Night classes.

SweetPea2004
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Are your kids in school? Do you ave a community college? I go around my daughters schedule.

illinoismommy83
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:26 PM

You can do gen eds online. Get in with your community college ASAP to you can start in the fall. Since its going to be mostly out of pocket, just take a couple classes this first semester and see how it goes.

OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Look really carefully at online schools, many are not worth a hill of beans.  Cost is higher, loans and grants are lower and when it comes to the real world, be prepared to be laughed at with certain online degrees.

I understand Momma - I had wanted to go back to school when DD reached Kindy (my MIL lives in and can help out but not a good full time caregiver but the ASP program at the elementary school would be helpful).  Not sure what is going to happen though now that I am planning to homeschool DS2 - not sure if he will return to b&m school or if DS1 will want to be homeschooled in the future as well.

illinoismommy83
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:27 PM

There are plenty of real schools with online programs. Do not go to an "online school." You need to graduate from a local, in-state school so your degree is worth the paper its printed on.

Quoting mlmynm81:

There are a number of online schools that are awesome!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:31 PM
Quoting illinoismommy83:

I want to do cosmotology so online is not an option :(
Hollybriann
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:31 PM

do you and ur dh work at the same time? i dont work, so im going to school around dh work schedule..would that be an option for you? if so, take it

Lennyloves
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I doing the same in the fall:) will your husband schedule allow you to do the partime classes in the evening? I know I am going to have a problem when classes start tues- sat. Cuz my dh works sats. I feel your pain. Maybe start lookinf dor responsible teenagers?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)