Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you had your gallbladder removed (PIOG) Edit with new question

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:37 PM
  • 30 Replies

How do you handle fatty or greasy foods, like pizza? I had an emergency laparoscopic cholecystectomy two weeks ago and I am still figuring out what will give me diarrhea and what won't. Any insight will be greatly appreciated :)

Edit: thank you all for your insight! I now have a question, it may be hard to answer, but if you can or are willing to answer, thank you :). We're you heavier before your cholecystectomy or after? I know a few people who are overweight, even after their removal, one of which eats fast food at least 3 times a week. I would think that would make her race for the toilet more often, right?

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ravenschick
by Corey on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this
It all depends on you really. And it's weird because pizza won't hurt me one day then the next it's like hell lol. BUT butter always gives me a hard time. It's hard to say unless you just eat it and find out!
vgmomof2grtkds
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Well I found out the hard way with pizza lol

I can have toast or an English muffin with very little butter and I do fine.

Quoting ravenschick:

It all depends on you really. And it's weird because pizza won't hurt me one day then the next it's like hell lol. BUT butter always gives me a hard time. It's hard to say unless you just eat it and find out!

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I have stomach issues to begin with. I don't handle greasy foods well, especially fast food. Hope you feel better soon! :)

mommyof11050307
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:41 PM
I had mine out in jan and haven't had any problems. I had more problems when I was pregnant and needed it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcarsel89
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:42 PM

just stay close to a bathroom at all times for AT LEAST a year and a half following the surgery. So many painful sudden poops...

ravenschick
by Corey on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I would also recommend if you try a type of food and gives you a hard time try a different brand of it. Sometimes different brands are a little better and wont hurt you. I have had mine out since November so I have learned all about this kinda stuff lol

Quoting vgmomof2grtkds:

Well I found out the hard way with pizza lol

I can have toast or an English muffin with very little butter and I do fine.

Quoting ravenschick:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:42 PM

If you eat out, stay there for at least 15 minutes after eating just in case. If you get stuck in the car it's an awful feeling that follows. Ugh... Took about two years for me to stop having that reaction.

ccoyle4
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM
At first I didn't have an issues with foods. Now, it's hit or miss. I had mine taken out going in 2 years now.
Kissybratzmom
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM
It takes a while. It took my body a couple years to get back to normal when it came to greasy food, or anything high in fiber.
SommelierMom
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Nothing has bothered me since surgery (2 years ago).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)