Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hes starting to hurt my feelings!!!

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:46 PM
  • 9 Replies
My 10 month old dd is such a daddy's girl. If he's holding her and hands her to me she flips out and reaches for him. She does not do this to me, even if someone less familiar is holding her.

If he walks out if the room she flips out too.

I'm starting to get jealous. Lol. I'm glad he has this special bond with her, but I wish she would reach out for me too.

She only wants me if dh isn't around and she's startled, or fussy. Otherwise it's like I don't even exist to her. It's kind of breaking my heart.
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Give her time I was the same way now I'm best friends with my mom and can't stand my dad she will come around
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:50 PM

(((HUGS)))

I never had that happen....my kids and/or grandkids always cling to me rather than their parents.......but I bribe them with anything they want, lol He may be doing the same....you never know

svolkov
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Dd is attached to me but when dh is home she only wants him lol she will whine and push her bros away from him too!
beaularson91
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:53 PM
My DS is the same way. Could it be that she see' s him less than you, so she only wants him when he's around?
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 10:53 PM
My dd is exactly like you describes only towards me. Sometimes I wish she was a daddy's girl lol.
cfcf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:00 PM
Yeah. He works long hours and the first thing he does when he sees her is okay and roll around on the floor with her.

It's the same reason out dogs like him more, lol,

I play with her too. It's just it's watered down by all my mommy duties.

Quoting beaularson91:

My DS is the same way. Could it be that she see' s him less than you, so she only wants him when he's around?
nolongermstkn
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:10 PM
I was like that as a kid. Hell I still want my daddy when I'm hurt or upset.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cfcf
by Platinum Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Yep. She lights up when he comes home, or in the morning when he gets up after us. She'll hear him in the kitchen making coffee and start whining for him. :-(. I'm like "hey, what about me?!"

Quoting svolkov:

Dd is attached to me but when dh is home she only wants him lol she will whine and push her bros away from him too!
Tabelite
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:15 PM
My youngest is like that. My oldest was a mommy's girl and it got old sometimes because my arms would get so tired and she wouldn't let anyone else hold her. My youngest will slap at me if I try to take her from DH's arms. She will even jump down from my arms and run to him to be picked up. I think it's funny and sweet that she's a daddy's girl, but I totally understand the "hurt feelings." Hugs mama!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)