Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gals with long hair, a question

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:06 PM
  • 62 Replies
My grandma swears its in my head but I know there is something to it!

if you have long hair do you notice that once it gets to a certain length you get headaches?

For me when it gets almost to my rear it gets too heavy and I end up cutting it to my shoulders because otherwise I end up with horrible headaches. My grandmother swears there is no logic to that and I'm making it up but its funny how ill get headaches often, like 2-3 a week and then once a cut my hair they go away and ill get headaches maybe once or twice a year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonandon
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:07 PM
My hair is very thin, so no matter the length I don't get headaches. My cousin on the other hand, has very thick hair and if it gets past her shoulder blades she gets headaches all the time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Irish_mama_2011
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

YES! That's why I just got my hair cut, but if you want to keep your length and lose the headaches, ask the stylist to thin it, it might help with the headaches if you have thick hair. My sister has even thicker hair than mine and she gets headaches too.

wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:08 PM

No, not yet. Mine is a couple inches from my butt and so far I'm headache free.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:08 PM
No, bit I guess it's possible.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Everyone I know with thick hair has said this, and it makes sense. Heavy hair weighs down, pulling on the scalp.

Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:09 PM
I have baby fine hair, I've had them do that in the past and I end up with TONS of flyaways and it just looks bad :(

Quoting Irish_mama_2011:

YES! That's why I just got my hair cut, but if you want to keep your length and lose the headaches, ask the stylist to thin it, it might help with the headaches if you have thick hair. My sister has even thicker hair than mine and she gets headaches too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2monstersmommy
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I have insanely thick hair all the way to my butt, but I never get headaches from it

mj.ajc
by Silver Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Yes. Mine is only this long and I get terrible headaches. It's extremely thick too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Yep, I get mine thinned out a lot. There is always more hair on the ground from thinning out then if I get a full haircut.
HilbillyMamaof3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Yes when my hair was long, also from putting it up all the time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)