• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do you start?

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:28 PM
  • 34 Replies

I've applied to over 20 places. I have no experiance, this will be my first job. No one will hire me. I've tried fast food, clothing stores, babystting. Nothing. I have no legal issues. I'm still in highschool, but my friends have found jobs, no problem. Where else should I look? :(

by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissTuree
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Have you tried all the restaurants in your area? They usually run through servers pretty quickly.

skittlefart
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Did you try giving them call ack instead of waiting on them? I got my first job at Walmart...wasn't that hard at all. 

photo It-s-my-birthday-BITCH_zps824cec64.png

photo f2458de1-4fbe-4187-979b-7d086a655ae3_zpsf7eb12ba.jpg
13579nlm
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Not all but quite a few.

Quoting MissTuree:

Have you tried all the restaurants in your area? They usually run through servers pretty quickly.

13579nlm
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I did with the first two places i applied. They kept giving me excuses so i stopped.

Quoting skittlefart:

Did you try giving them call ack instead of waiting on them? I got my first job at Walmart...wasn't that hard at all. 

12345abcde54321
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM

when i first moved to the area i must have applied for 100 jobs, literally. i finally got one lol. just keep applying.

MissTuree
by Gold Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM
2 moms liked this

Keep trying at other places. Mind how you dress when you walk in, appearances are everything. You'll get something in time. 

Quoting 13579nlm:

I did with the first two places i applied. They kept giving me excuses so i stopped.

Quoting skittlefart:

skittlefart
by on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Always call back every job. Wait 3 days, call back. If they say they're still looking into it, wait 4 more days then call back. Keep going till they give you an answer of whether or not you are hired or not. 

Quoting 13579nlm:

Quoting skittlefart:

photo It-s-my-birthday-BITCH_zps824cec64.png

photo f2458de1-4fbe-4187-979b-7d086a655ae3_zpsf7eb12ba.jpg
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Call center. Does the school have job placement opportunities so you can gain experience
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:38 PM
When you turn in your application ask to speak to the manager. If they are not there, call back in a couple days. Just don't continue to call over and over.
Also check out temp or staffing agencies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:40 PM
Yes this.
Don't wear every day clothes to turn in a application.

Quoting MissTuree:

Keep trying at other places. Mind how you dress when you walk in, appearances are everything. You'll get something in time. 

Quoting 13579nlm:

Quoting skittlefart:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)