Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what's wrong with me.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
I work fast food rigt now, not entirely the point of this post. I am going back to college, starting this August, i only have two years left.

Everyday, some one says something to me or bout me that just puts me done. Talks an about how bad i am at my job. How in, slow, don't do any thing, etc.

I feel like if i can't even feel appreciated at a fast food job, how can i feel appreciated and like i good at a real career.

I know, i sound silly, but for some reason it really bothers me. I k now i need to grow a back bone.

I have feeling like i let people done. I feel like almost every aspect of my life, i have let some one down. My relationship with my husband, my job, my mom, sometimes my kids.

I wish i felt better about my self.

Sorry so long. Just a vent
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 31, 2013 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:01 AM

whats wrong with you? You are a people pleaser.  You are doing what you can with what you got so change what you can and accept what you cannot.

Anonandon
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:01 AM
If someone says something everyday, there has to be some truth to it. Do you do the bare minimum at your job? Do you look for new things to learn or take initiative to do something without being asked? Do you mope around or are you helpful and cheery? It may only be fast food, but these are things that will separate you from others when you look beyond a fast food job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Stop trying to please other people. If they can't accept you for who are then their loss.
Are they giving you crap because if your job? At least you have a job! It may not be the best job in the world, but it's something. Don't let them put you down anymore.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:04 AM
A person who wittles themselves for other people, soon wittles themselves away.

Wittles? Is that right?

I read that somewhere and it's always stuck with me. I can't remember who wrote it.
ElleLuvsOrchids
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:08 AM

I worked at fast food restaurants in high school and no one ever put me down or called me slow.  I notice your spelling and grammar are not good.  Is English your second language?  If so, perhaps it's a cultural or language difference?  I do agree with Anonandon that if people are telling you every day that you're doing things wrong or slowly there are problems that you need to address.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:59 AM
im mobile, so my typing isnt the greatst.

and honestly, no, im not that slow or horruble at my job.

there are others that are better and others that not so much.

Quoting ElleLuvsOrchids:

I worked at fast food restaurants in high school and no one ever put me down or called me slow.  I notice your spelling and grammar are not good.  Is English your second language?  If so, perhaps it's a cultural or language difference?  I do agree with Anonandon that if people are telling you every day that you're doing things wrong or slowly there are problems that you need to address.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)