Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I left my 3 year old home alone.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
1 mom liked this

Yep, you read that right!

We live directly across the street from the store (not a busy street we live on a back road the store just happens to be positioned in the middle between us and the busy road in front of it). My son and I went to the store and bought a few things, and I forgot a bag there. I called the store and they confirmed it.

So, I asked him if he wanted to come back to the store with me. He said no, so I asked the neighbor lady to check in on him if I wasn't back in 5 minutes. She can literally hear EVERYTHING in our apartment anyway, so she knew exactly what he was doing and didn't mind.

I took maybe 5 minutes and when i got back, he was still sitting in the exact same place, and still watching the same channel on tv. 

NEVER doing this again though. I couldn't stand it the entire time I was gone my adrenaline was pumping so hard I must have looked like a psycho to the cashier. RAN into the store and RAN back out with the bag.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Yeah......I would never even do that. Anything could have happened in a few seconds/minutes. Glad he was still sitting where you left him

brandydesiree
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:16 AM
That's how I felt the one time I left my DS in the car to pay for gas. My heart was racing the entire time, and I kept my eyes on the car like a hawk. I haven't done it again... I hated that feeling of paranoia.
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Umm okay?!?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:17 AM
Go ahead...play with fire when it comes to your children...
ahappymommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:18 AM
3 moms liked this

Yeah, I could never ever do that, how hard would it have been to take him! Doesnt matter if he wanted to go or not, he is 3 he doesnt get to decide. 

If I let my son decided what he wanted at 3, he would have ate cake and ice cream every night for dinner and never worn clothes! 

I cant figure out some of you moms who cant be bothered to take care of your children, take them in to pay for gas, or with you to run to the store, not that hard, your there mother, its your job to take care of them and watch them and protect them!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I tell you it was fucking terrifying, the neighbor has a newborn though and I didn't want to ask her to leave her daughter alone, or wake her up. In hindsight I could have asked if he could stay with her for a bit but I didn't want him getting too hyper being in someone else's house with a newborn asleep.

Quoting brandydesiree:

That's how I felt the one time I left my DS in the car to pay for gas. My heart was racing the entire time, and I kept my eyes on the car like a hawk. I haven't done it again... I hated that feeling of paranoia.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:19 AM

We have to walk back and forth, and its a long walk for such a little guy.

Quoting ahappymommy:

Yeah, I could never ever do that, how hard would it have been to take him! Doesnt matter if he wanted to go or not, he is 3 he doesnt get to decide. 

If I let my son decided what he wanted at 3, he would have ate cake and ice cream every night for dinner and never wear clothes! 

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I left my son alone once. He had just turned 2 at the time and I was living in these apartments that didn't have a washer and dryer inside. I went to put the clothes to wash with my son and by the time we had to put it to dry he was taking a nap so I ran to the laundry room and maybe took 5-6 minutes. The good thing is that the laundry room had a window that let me see my apartment the entire time. Not a big deal I locked the door incase he some up and got scared. It he was still sleeping when I came back.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:21 AM
I'd never risk my children like that. Never. It was not worth the risk to me to leve him there.
crumpy_gat
by No. on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:22 AM
6 moms liked this
So it's directly across the street but too long of a walk? If it's long a walk then why are you leaving him alone that long? I think you're trying to justify an idiotic move.

Quoting Anonymous:

We have to walk back and forth, and its a long walk for such a little guy.

Quoting ahappymommy:

If I let my son decided what he wanted at 3, he would have ate cake and ice cream every night for dinner and never wear clothes! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)