Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Menstrual question...?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies

I have noticed that for some reason, the older that I have gotten, using tampons is becoming a bit uncomfortable. I have used them since I was 13 years old, and I am almost 28 now. I have decided to use pads throughout the night and tampons throughout the day. I am still uneasy about using the pads at night because it feels weird.

Anyone have any other ideas to use for their mentrual cycle besides tampons and pads that is comfortable, not messy, and is healthy and safe for the body?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Diva cup?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Do they work? And is it safe?

calvinsmommy18
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:58 AM
1 mom liked this
I Havnt been able to use tampons since after my first child was born. And I had c sections. I just can't seem to get them inserted in the right spot so that they are comfortable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Maybe switch brands or try a different size
avasmama1375
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Have u heard of the diva cup? I haven't used it personally but I have heard it is good. I have always used tampons during the day and pads at night eventho I hate pads. I was thinking about trying the diva cup. Also the always infinity pads are a lot more comfortable than any others I have tried
kymom23
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:00 AM
What brand are you using? Is your flow the same? I can't use Tampax. I use U by Kotex.
amyleigh80
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:02 AM

I use the diva cup.  It's fantastic.  Periods are messy, but I find that when used correctly (it does take a bit if practice) the diva cup is the best.  I switched because I had the same problem with the tampons.  I think it has a lot to do with pregnancy and childbirth and that the bladder can drop causing an uncomfy sensation or pain.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:02 AM
I can use tampons but I have a keeper cup and its amazing. More comfortable than any other options.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Diva Cup is wonderful.  Good for your body, and good for the planet since it's reusable.  I have had less cramping, and my period is seriously shorter since I started using it - I know that sounds like bullshit, but since I was 12, my period has lasted 6 days.  Since I got the Diva Cup, it's over in 4 days, and nothing besides the cup has changed.

Also, this might be gross to some - tampons absorb your natural vaginal moisture.  The cups do not, so you don't get the dryness you do with tampons..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 2:03 AM
Question on the cups how do I know what size to get.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)