Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My only pair of bluejeans

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 59 Replies

were already ripped in the knee, the zipper is broken, and now they just tore in a different spot.

which leaves me with a pair of black jeans, a pair of lime green skinny jeans, and several pairs of khakis (for work) (and a couple pairs of shorts, black and khaki)

I guess I gotta plan a shopping day. Driving over two hours to the closest shopping center that isnt walmart sucks (becasue say what you want but walmart jeans are just as expensive as old navy or sears, and there are ALWAYS sales there, but wally world is much cheaper quality), and while I can order work pants online, I dont want to take that chance with jeans. 

It could be weeks before I have a pair of bluejeans again. :(

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM

bummed out dude

MsMimna
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:32 AM

That seriously sucks.....I hate shopping for jeans...all that trying on different brands and styles. No two fit the same so I get all pissy and frustrated....lol. I feel your pain :(

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:36 AM

Yep, time to go shopping!

I live in nice yoga pants. It makes for a cute casual sporty look.

But gotta say, I love my jeans!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Two hours away?

Where do you live?

That would suck.

iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:38 AM
I buy a lot of my jeans at goodwill. So much cheaper. But our goodwill has tons of clothes.
And I agree that clothes can be abkut the same orice at ON/sears with a good sale.
Have fun shopping:)
shimmifairy
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Small town living? I feel your pain, LOL....Have you thought about ordering online with Old Navy? Do you have a style that always fits right there? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:43 AM
I used to be the women who never bought a thing for myself. I'd wear the same jeans 10 years. Now that I'm at that point in my life were I want to feel good about myself, look good and what not I can't understand why others wouldn't want the same. I know some can't afford to, others feel guilty and some just can't find the time. I'm glad to see women stepping up and doing for themselves as they are others. Good for you momma!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

There is a goodwill in the same town/"city" our closest walmart is, but it is still over an hour drive so might as well keep truckin to where there is more variety of shopping.  

I have a love/hate relationship with where I live, LOL... Love it until we need clothes, or entertainment, or pretty much anything. :D :D hahaha

I will have fun, I just messaged my friend "when we get our schedules for this month we need a kid free shopping day!!!" We both need to get school supplies for the kiddos anyway.

Quoting iamcafemom83:

I buy a lot of my jeans at goodwill. So much cheaper. But our goodwill has tons of clothes.
And I agree that clothes can be abkut the same orice at ON/sears with a good sale.
Have fun shopping:)

ProudMommaBear
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:47 AM
I love my blue jeans! I go to the same store every time I get clothes because its the only store I've found that has nice clothes for not an outrageous price and they fit me without me having to search up and down for a size and fit for my body since I'm really short and extremely skinny. Thank god I found that store like 4 years ago.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:50 AM
What store? Meurices(so) has xshort jeans!! It's the only place I've found with jeans short enough for me.

Quoting ProudMommaBear:

I love my blue jeans! I go to the same store every time I get clothes because its the only store I've found that has nice clothes for not an outrageous price and they fit me without me having to search up and down for a size and fit for my body since I'm really short and extremely skinny. Thank god I found that store like 4 years ago.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)