Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Omg I put my foot in my mouth

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:30 AM
  • 15 Replies

I was on facebook catching up with an old friend.  We were talking and i told her how I'm pregnant with our 4th baby now and I'm like a baby factory and went ON AND ON.  Then i asked her how many kids she has and she says to me "We have been trying for 3 years, I don't think i can get pregnant" 

UGHH i felt so stupid and now i dont know what to say its just an awkward silence right now in our chat window.

baby growth

by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SyllabaryBisque
by Linguistics Fascist on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Just tell her that you're very sorry to hear about that and wish her all the best. You shouldn't feel stupid. You didn't know and can't do anything about it anyways. 

KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Don't feel stupid how were you to know, beside she has children so you Did't know she was having trouble getting pregnant again, so just say hey I'm sorry I didn't know and move on to the next thing, if she's a real friend she will understand. All the best.

missmamaof4
by Miss Mary on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:35 AM

I tried to say Im sorry and that must be very difficult. Then i tried to change the subject and she hasnt responded!!

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

Just tell her that you're very sorry to hear about that and wish her all the best. You shouldn't feel stupid. You didn't know and can't do anything about it anyways. 

baby growth

missmamaof4
by Miss Mary on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:36 AM

she doesnt have any kids: /

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Don't feel stupid how were you to know, beside she has children so you Did't know she was having trouble getting pregnant again, so just say hey I'm sorry I didn't know and move on to the next thing, if she's a real friend she will understand. All the best.

baby growth

SyllabaryBisque
by Linguistics Fascist on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Believe me, I'm sure she's fine and not upset with you. She probably just got busy and hasn't had a chance to respond yet. Don't beat yourself up over it! :)

Quoting missmamaof4:

I tried to say Im sorry and that must be very difficult. Then i tried to change the subject and she hasnt responded!!

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:40 AM

Ooh I could have sworn I read that she was trying for her third child, I must have read it wrong, oops! But still you can say pardon me I was just so excited I got a little carried away with myself I was not trying to rub my success of having children in your face, I really hope things work out for you soon you know something like that.:)

Quoting missmamaof4:

she doesnt have any kids: /

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM

OUCH!

Don't beat yourself up over it. That's the way life goes sometimes. Not every can have kids or even want them.

cbk_mom3
by JayTayGma on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:42 AM

You meant no harm, don't worry about it, we all say things we wish we could take back. Hopefully she'll respond soon, and you can talk it out. On a completely unrelated note, I have to tell you, your screen name reminds me of my friends in high school. I'm an only child, and my mom raised me by herself, and has many health problems, so we'd usually just stay at my house to hang out. All my friends called my mom Ms. Momma, and your s/n is the first time I've seen it other than that. Great name!

missmamaof4
by Miss Mary on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I hate to be called ma'am so all my sons friends have adopted the name "miss mary" or "miss mama" lol I like it much better and i dont feel as old lol

Quoting cbk_mom3:

You meant no harm, don't worry about it, we all say things we wish we could take back. Hopefully she'll respond soon, and you can talk it out. On a completely unrelated note, I have to tell you, your screen name reminds me of my friends in high school. I'm an only child, and my mom raised me by herself, and has many health problems, so we'd usually just stay at my house to hang out. All my friends called my mom Ms. Momma, and your s/n is the first time I've seen it other than that. Great name!

baby growth

Osstie
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

woopsie daisy lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured