Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you really think you can tell?

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:44 AM
  • 652 Replies
4 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

A lot about how a person lives or parents just by a little snippet in a picture. When I was taking some snap shotsof my baby this morning, I was thinking about a post from yesterday.

Someone told a mom that it was obvious they were poor, that the carpet was cheap and dirty, that her kids look of mixed race, so her children wouldn't have been breastfed all just by a small bit of background.

I admit, I have made judgements off of small bits of info in pictures.

Does this picture tell you how I parent? What major parenting decisions I make? My socio-economic status? How clean I keep my house?

If you want, post pics with a small amount of background and we will see what judgements people can make.

Googled pics are welcome. I like judging those, too...lol.
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:46 AM
24 moms liked this
I want to blow raspberries on his belly
TrouserMouse
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:47 AM
Lol, he loves that.

Wait, am I awful for not having him fully dressed at all times?

Quoting Bethsunshine:

LSeabolt1982
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:47 AM
15 moms liked this

THe judgement I would make is that you have a nice house that is kept clean. I have totally done this and actually have gone as far as to not post a pic that has a bunch of crap in the background. I am a clean person and clean and pick up every night after kiddos go to bed but it is a hot mess during the day.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:47 AM
6 moms liked this

IDK, but your baby is cute and clean and happy....I think that matters most.

Saydar
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep, probably. Especially the first couple of months. I have lots of pictures of my newborn with clutter and stacks of diaper boxes and breast pumps laying everywhere. I was a mess! And you could tell from the pictures.

Can you make a judgement? Sure. With that said, though, your friend of FB was a righteous a$$, particulary for saying that because the children were of mixed race they must be poor. WTH?

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM
2 moms liked this

I adore this picture. The first time my girls saw their uncle since he came home from Afghanistan.
Lets see what people say

As for your pic, id say your son needs a shirt lol but you have lovely taste in furniture
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM

hmmmm.....your carpet looks super clean, so i would judge that you are either a) a clean person, b)  you just bought new carpet jor c) you moved the play mat to the corner (where the carpet is always clean, lol

as always, your baby is cute enough to eat.  

this pic is too small for me to make any kind of judgements.  i did notice that you use sposies instead of cloth diapers, but i'm obsessed with diapers and always notice what people are using. 

LSeabolt1982
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Lol, he loves that.

Wait, am I awful for not having him fully dressed at all times?

Quoting Bethsunshine:

HELL NO. My neighbor judged me for letting my 15 months old play with her water table in just her swim diaper.

Bethsunshine
by Emerald Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:49 AM
2 moms liked this
Quoting TrouserMouse:

Horrible. Babies must be fully clothed at all times, even while bathing or during a heat wave.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Expensive carpet, nice quality furniture, name brand diaper, and a not cheap baby seat/toy.

I don't know if those things are like that because you have a lot of cash, are deep in debt, or if they are higher priorities than other things.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

Mobile Photo

A lot about how a person lives or parents just by a little snippet in a picture. When I was taking some snap shotsof my baby this morning, I was thinking about a post from yesterday.

Someone told a mom that it was obvious they were poor, that the carpet was cheap and dirty, that her kids look of mixed race, so her children wouldn't have been breastfed all just by asmall but of background.

I admit, I have made judgements off of small bits of info in pictures.

Does this picture tell you how I parent? What major parenting decisions I make? My socio-economic status? How clean I keep my house?

If you want, post pics with a small amount of background and we will see what judgements people can make.

Googled pics are welcome. I like judging those, too...lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)