Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you believe there could ever be a REAL zombie apocalypse?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 284 Replies

I do. I'm not saying I believe it WILL happen. I'm just saying ... anything is possible these days. This world's gone crazy.

If it DID happen, do you think you'd make it? What would your  On one hand I wanna say that I would just because my DH is a big tough guy who could probably kick some serious zombie ass. I, on the other hand.... I am short, fat and wimpy... and I have asthma... so I probably wouldn't make it one day if I was on my own. If I had DH with me, I think I'd be okay for a while.

ETA: I'm not saying it has to be "Walking Dead" type of zombies. It could be a "28 Days Later" type of thing. I think that is way more likely than the dead coming back to life anyway. lol

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:58 AM
1 mom liked this

No. The zombie apocalypse is not real.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Yes, I do! Jw believe that the dead will be resurrected from the grave. That is just creepy. I will kick some zombie butt. I think we will be ok.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:02 AM

bump

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:02 AM

No.

Osstie
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:03 AM
5 moms liked this

Not really. Zombies, okay. Zombies craving flesh? Like... no. Just no. A zombie apocalypse is pretty much the last thing you need to worry about. Civilization will crumble for a lot of different reasons.

Not to mention, zombies would NOT be hard to get away from. They wouldnt move fast, wouldnt be able to make it across obstacles, and dead bodies decompose a lot faster that cinema leads us to believe.

nancym3
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:04 AM
No
Osstie
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Everyone thinks they would be ok :/

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, I do! Jw believe that the dead will be resurrected from the grave. That is just creepy. I will kick some zombie butt. I think we will be ok.

shygurl3166
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:06 AM
1 mom liked this
City of cohoes in NY just had "non toxic chemicals released into the air" the people who were caught outside are still suffering from headaches and nausea. Oddly enough zombifying was my first thought. Lol. I even text my husband to stay out of the area today (he works all over) scary stuff.

So I guess deep down I think on some level it could happen.
jenaree
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:08 AM
16 moms liked this

**I will add this edit because I've been asked the same thing multiple times. I have seen all of the episodes of TWD and the CDC episodes do not answer my argument here, which is that zombies need blood pumping around their bodies in order to be able to move so if they had a major wound like missing a limb or an abdominal injury all of their blood would leave and either their muscles would rot since those muscles would not be getting oxygen and they would not be able to move or their entire brain would die (which seems like the equivalent to smashing it in the head somehow), so there would be lots of ways to kill the "zombies" and the plague would be over quickly.**

Zombies as they are portrayed in movies don't make sense. if you are dead then your heart is not pumping blood, then your muscles are not getting oxygen and will start to rot. Without muscles to move your bones you will not be able to move and chase people. Say your heart is still pumping, then losing an arm or leg or having a major wound would still cause you to bleed out and then we have the lack of oxygen to the muscles problem again. If it is a still living person who is attacking and spreading a virus that is different and much more plausible to me than mainstream zombies, but then they will still bleed out like any living being. Basic human biology doesn't allow zombies to ever really happen.
**Yes, I know I have thought about this too much, but otherwise I would never be able to watch The Walking Dead because I would be too scared!**

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
destiny3513
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:09 AM
Not possible.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)