Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG, flipping out!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I just got my first job teaching. I have two kids. We always wanted a third but Obviously not yet. My youngest is still in daycare so we were going to try when he was older.

I am flipping out. I am going to be so stressed already figuring out my first year teaching and now I'm pregnant and due in April!!! I won't even get to be here my whole first year because I will be on maternity leave.

I'm so scared. I don't know what my husband will say. We just moved into a more expensive house and bought a new car because now that our kids were getting older we could afford it.

I should be excited but I'm not. Why couldn't this have happened to my friend who has been trying all year?! Life isn't fair sometimes. I don't think I going to tell anyone until at least 12 weeks, hopefully I will calm down by then. :/

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Abby.N.Amys.Mom
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Good luck and congrats

KairisMama
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:35 AM
Good luck. I was pregnant my first year and it was very stressful. But, I made it and had a first year under my belt. ;).
donnag013
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Good luck! Teaching is rewarding, but tough. Having a baby makes it a little tougher, but it can be done.

Mommy2b2many
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Congrats! And good luck!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:36 AM

this is a situation where excersising your right to choose might be the most responsible thing you can do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:37 AM
How did it go with your observations? I'm in SC I don't know about other states but our first two years we are under ADEPT and we can only miss a certain number of days, etc. I'm scared about that. After the first two years if you pass ADEPT you go from a temporary contract to a permanent contract. Really hoping the maternity leave doesn't mess that up. :/

Quoting KairisMama:

Good luck. I was pregnant my first year and it was very stressful. But, I made it and had a first year under my belt. ;).
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Thanks. I'm worried because I already have two kids as it is and I'm not even used to teaching and juggling that yet. I did during student teaching, but this is different.

Quoting donnag013:

Good luck! Teaching is rewarding, but tough. Having a baby makes it a little tougher, but it can be done.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:39 AM
How is it responsible... Ffs. How about saying congrats and good luck. Rather than trying to tell her to get an abortion? Should everyone who will be inconvienced run and get and abortion? Hell why don't we just give our inconviences away after they're born. Because God forbid they change our lives at all.

Quoting Anonymous:

this is a situation where excersising your right to choose might be the most responsible thing you can do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:39 AM
You know what's sad I thought about that. Even though I never have before. I just know I could never go through with it. I'm just frustrated. Our life was finall starting to get easy. I went through college with two kids and it was hard. Now I graduated got a job, I thought my life will get easier now. Guess not.

Quoting Anonymous:

stargaze281
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Ohhhh Thats just intense! I am looking for  work for past few months but i sometimes get baby fever for # 2, my fear is your story some what. I wouldnt wanna be prego while starting a job! Just hang in there and Good Luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured