Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

School uniforms are stupid.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 259 Replies
6 moms liked this
My dd's school requires them. I hate them. They are bland and boring. I think they are pointless.

You can still tell the rich from the poor, and skanks can find ways to slut up their uniforms.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM
cool
V.Dubbya
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM
2 moms liked this
I loved my uniforms. Wish or dd's went to a school that had them...

eta: *our
emmypaige
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Well I don't like uniforms in public schools, but yeah idk that's it. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Very true. My dd2 needs to wear them for middle school. The thing that sucks is I have to pay for these things for only 3 years and this is a public school so add the extra $100 for 5 days worth of stuff and the every growning supply list. Not everone can afford it. I am having a hard time doing it myself.

NotTheirMom99
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:40 AM
4 moms liked this
My kids wear them too until high school. But yes you are right, you can still tell the poor from the unpoor. I love not having to think about what they are wearing in the morning though.
Jessicamarquez
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:43 AM
How can you tell? Just wondering I've never dealt with uniforms and my DD is 7 months lol so I've got time.

Quoting NotTheirMom99:

My kids wear them too until high school. But yes you are right, you can still tell the poor from the unpoor. I love not having to think about what they are wearing in the morning though.

hargonagain
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM
2 moms liked this

I don't like them because I hate the whole conformity thing.  Why does everyone have to look the same?  This is America isn't it?  We are not the same so we shouldn't have to dress the same.  Every school in our town has uniforms, so he will wear them, but I am not a fan.

MicheleJM
by Phoenix on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:44 AM
3 moms liked this

We just have a dress code but I like it only because it stops this whole "that particular t-shirt isn't appropriate for school" thing or that shirt is way too sexy for school. The kids can only wear school spirit t-shirts and only on Fridays.  the shirts have to be collared.  Personally I like it but I feel, like my kids do, that the TEACHERS should have to abide by the dress code as well...and it's a contention with my older son that they don't.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM

yeah I dont like em either and why do the girls have to wear skirts? The older they get the more bad things can happen from that

MomToDarienne
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM
6 moms liked this

I wore uniforms growing up, it never really bothered me. I think the idea of uniforms, in general, is good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN