Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this a phase? Cause it's gross.

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM
  • 73 Replies

I cannot get my 12 year old to shower to save my life. I will tell him when I leave for work in the morning to shower. He will say that he will and then not do it. Or tell my DF or his Grandparents that he has, and that I told him to. Then when I get home and ask him he'll squirm a bit but admit that he hasn't showered and that he lied. Today is my first day off since last Friday. I forced him to get into the shower. I did yell at him and tell him it was GROSS. Which I kinda feel bad about, but he's almost a teenager and I don't want him to be THAT guy that doesn't shower. 

My DF tells me that it's a phase and it will pass. That he was the same when he was a young boy. Then he realized that it felt great to shower and does it mulitple times a day since. 

What's a Mom to do? =\

"How many fools can I kill today? Too many to count, don't get in my way. I shoot a mofo in the throat with my bow. Tomahawk chop is my death blow."

by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM

BUMP!

Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:13 AM

BUMP!

Osstie
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Hmm, I don't know. Maybe let him pick out some shower gel or something? I think now is the time to get into  a good hygiene routine. I don't think its a phase.

casseopeia
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM
16 moms liked this

Wait till he discovers he can masturbate in the shower.  He'll never come out.

missmonkeysma
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Not sure.i didnt go through a phase like this and my dd is only 3.
cjsix
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM
When he decides again that showers are a good thing,be careful....your water bill will go sky high!
KGreen75
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Omg, lmao!

Quoting casseopeia:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Glitchtastic
by Glitter Trauma on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I've tried this. He picked Axe body gel and called it "man soap." He liked it, but I still had to get on his butt about getting in the shower.

I'm trying to make him understand the importance of hygiene. 

Quoting Osstie:

Hmm, I don't know. Maybe let him pick out some shower gel or something? I think now is the time to get into  a good hygiene routine. I don't think its a phase.

myangels2
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:16 AM
lol!!!

Quoting casseopeia:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this

I think it is a phase. That doesn't mean you can't still make him do it. Ask him if he wants to be the greasy, smelly kid in class because no one thinks they are that kid but they are!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured