Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Please help me decide which

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
birth control i should get on.
I was thinking paragaurd but i have irregular periods so i rather just have no periods at all. Then i was thinking of the pill or mirena. I need to know what some of your expierences were, did u bleed or spot with the pill? What about mirena?
I got the shot and bled for two months straight. I do not want to have to go through that again. So i was wondering, does the pill release the same hormomes as mirena? If so i shouldnt bleed a lot since i never bled on the pill.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:49 AM
I was getting sick of the what if game every month bc my period was always 2 to 3 days late even a week. Im sick of it.
Toxic.Stardust
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I had mirena and hated it. My periods didn't change at all, but my metabolism slowed WAY down, I gained 30 pounds in 4 months, and it felt like I was PMSing all the time, I was a very bitchy person while on it, and DH agrees (which is really saying something lol)

Although some people get it and love it and have no problems

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM

The pill is the only BC I"ve been on that has worked for me. I also bled nonstop on the shot and I hated it. Have never had mirena though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I seriously just rather not even take those chances. screw that lol. I think i rather just stick to the pill.

Quoting Toxic.Stardust:

I had mirena and hated it. My periods didn't change at all, but my metabolism slowed WAY down, I gained 30 pounds in 4 months, and it felt like I was PMSing all the time, I was a very bitchy person while on it, and DH agrees (which is really saying something lol)

Although some people get it and love it and have no problems

1plustwinsmommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:54 AM

I have my 2nd Mirena. I love it, no period since 2008. No issues for me, but lots of moms think its the devil. Talk to your dr. He/she knows your body best.

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Not  Mirena....

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:58 AM

I would NOT get mirena. After my first daughter i thought about getting it and my Dr. said they do not even do it anymore because of all the women that have had surgery or historectomys (sp?) becuase of it going through the uterus and implanting in an organ or something. my sil just got hers out after a year because they want to ttc now and she had her first period on it and said it was horrible. hot flashes mood swings she puked, just bad. I have only ever used condoms because the patch/pill always made me sick.

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Oh, and she gained like 40# in like 3 months. It was bad. now that shes off it shes dropping the weight though.

Quoting krusesbaby:

I would NOT get mirena. After my first daughter i thought about getting it and my Dr. said they do not even do it anymore because of all the women that have had surgery or historectomys (sp?) becuase of it going through the uterus and implanting in an organ or something. my sil just got hers out after a year because they want to ttc now and she had her first period on it and said it was horrible. hot flashes mood swings she puked, just bad. I have only ever used condoms because the patch/pill always made me sick.

diiamondmomma
by Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I have mirena for over two years no and honestly no serious complaints. Every now and then I get some wierd symptoms but nothing you wouldnt get with the pill.... I think its easier because I cant remember to take the pill at the exact time everyday

AJ-47
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
This.
Paragard has no hormones. Mirena has hormones from hell. I'm still dealing with some of the side effects and it's been over three yers since I switched from Mirena to Paragard.

Quoting Zazayam:

Not  Mirena....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN