Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

He didn't bring my son back

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 168 Replies

My ex did not bring my son back when he was supposed to. We have a court order in place and he straight up told me to call the police and lawyer because he was going to keep him.

I have called the police and filed a report. I have called several lawyers and was told I could file a motion to enforce to get him back today. Basically a sheriff would pick him up and bring him to me.

Now my ex did say he might bring him once I mentioned calling a lawyer and he would be responsible for the fees I would have to pay which is over $4,000.

If I get my son back the lawyers stated I could still file a motion for non compliance. Basically to make sure that this would not happen again and if it did that he would end up in jail for it.

My question is has anyone ever done this, if so how did it work out for you?? Anything change afterwards?

Any advice, prayers, good thoughts, well I would really appreciate it!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:36 PM
2 moms liked this
I would beat the ever living shit out of my ex if he pulled that bullshit.

That is the main reason I went for sole custody so he could never take him anywhere alone.

eTA...Lord forbid don't let your phone fuck up a word.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:37 PM

When I filed we were on good terms but of course things change and now here I am dealing with this.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would beat the ever living shit out of my ex if he pulled that bullshit.

That is the main reason I went for soul custody so he could never take him anywhere alone.

smalltowngal
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM
Is he wanting to spend more time with his son or just upset you?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Please help me!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:43 PM

It was basically to upset me. He's had him all of July for summer visitation.

Quoting smalltowngal:

Is he wanting to spend more time with his son or just upset you?

tardistraveller
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

sending good thoughts, I have had to deal with it, but our laws are different here.  Basically, that;s kidnapping.  I called the police, it was settled with the police there.  My ex was an hour late, when police showed up they told him it was kidnapping, a serious crime.  He didn't know (not the brightest tool in the shed) and surrendered ds to the police.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:44 PM

I am in TX and he's done this before. I showed up at his house with the police and still didn't get my son back. Last time he had him for a week.

Thanks for the good thoughts!

Quoting tardistraveller:

sending good thoughts, I have had to deal with it, but our laws are different here.  Basically, that;s kidnapping.  I called the police, it was settled with the police there.  My ex was an hour late, when police showed up they told him it was kidnapping, a serious crime.  He didn't know (not the brightest tool in the shed) and surrendered ds to the police.

TwoPennies
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM
Go get him. I'd take myself right to his fathers door and pound the ever loving shit out of it until someone answered. Custody orders aren't worth the ink it takes to print them.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:45 PM
4 moms liked this

I would go ahead and file the motion so that it is on file.

SaratheV
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Yep. It's worth it. He could run off with him and you could never see him again.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)