Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I do to attract a good man? No snarky comments please!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 470 Replies

Ok.  I am in my mid 40's and a single mom.  My son's bio dad is an addict and not in the picture.  We were never married.  My child is 17.  I live with my parents and brother.  I like living here because it is cheap and my parents help with everything.  I also don't want to be alone.  I work as a RN and make good money.  I have a lot of spending money.

I've gone on dating sites and blind dates, and have had a couple relationships in recent years, but the guys always dump me.; (  I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I am short and chunky in build.  I work out at the gym everyday.  I've had lyposuction, a tummy tuck, and a boob job.  I was dealt a bad hand genetically!  I eat healthy too, but I can't get a sexy body no matter what I do!  I think I need more plastic surgery.  maybe a facelift.  What do you think?  Money is no object!  Also, I spend a lot on the men I date, and try to please them in bed.

I would like to be married.  I fear growing old alone. I envy the happily married couples I know! HELP!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Hahaha okay.
casah4
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM
25 moms liked this

The first thing I'd do is move into my own place. I won't even consider dating someone who lives with their parents...

aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM
2 moms liked this

dont spend a lot on the men you date, let them spoil you in the begining!! 

team_porculoon
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I wouldn't run to plastic surgery as a first option.  Do you have confidence in yourself?  Self confidence is incredibly sexy to men.  Where do you go for fun?  You may meet a man there.  Do your friend know anyone?  Maybe they can set you up.

Oh, and get your own place.  If money is no object, move out of your parents house, unless of course they are disabled and you are their care taker.  In which case, many men would find that sexy too.

thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:52 PM
17 moms liked this

Get your own house, dont buy things for the guys you date, work on your self esteem instead of your plastic surgery.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:52 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah...stop! You're making yourself seem too desperate. Not attractive.
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM
2 moms liked this

YOu need to learn to stand on your own two feet and rely on yourself before you can expect someone else to rely on you for things. By the time you are in your 40s you should be able to be self sustaining. Learn to stand on your own two feet first.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM
4 moms liked this

your looks really have nothing to do with it...ease up on the plastic surgery

1st - move out of your parents' house.  living with your parents sends weird signals, no matter the actual situation

2nd - you come across as a bit high maintenance & needy....are you running these guys off?

chill out and quit being so obsessive.  the right man will come along

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Does your plastic surgeon offer self-esteem injections? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured