Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Dead Horse: S/O breast vs. formula

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 46 Replies
1 mom liked this
Whatever a mom chooses for her child is fine by me. What works for one family may not work for another.

That being said....

WHY is it so offensive to ff moms to hear about the advantages of breast feeding? SCIENCE has proven the clear benefits and advantages of breast milk. It isn't a matter of opinion. Why do women continue to argue that science is wrong?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Indy3000
by Bowchicabowow on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I think they get mad because it is shoved down there throat constantly by bf moms so they argue back. I bf my baby now but could not with my first so i did formula and hated the fact that i had to so when someone mentioned bf was better it just pissed me off because i wanted to bf in the first place...

MommySchatzi
by Bronze Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Why do breastfeeding moms bash moms for forumla feeding? I myself a mom who breastfeeds, never did/do I bash a mother or put down a mother for formula feeding their child(dren). I don't have a high horse to ride on.

CafeMom Tickers

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:13 PM

People get mad because they know that what they chose in inferior to breastmilk and they know they weren't able or willing to give their child the best so they feel the need to justify their choice.

JackieGirl007
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

To me it's not about science, it's about nature. Our bodies were made to feed our infants. You don't see animals feeding their young anything but their own milk. Which is why I also don't understand why humans drink cow milk. Cows have 4 stomachs ffs.

Toxic.Stardust
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM

idk.

I formula fed my oldest, and am breastfeeding my youngest. Breast is best, but it can be really hard at times, especially if you don't have a good support system or aren't very well informed. With my first I thought I wasn't making enough, but since then I have learned that she was just going through a growth spurt, which made it seem like she wasn't getting enough. 

B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I don't know anyone with any decent level of education (ie able to read) who doesn't know that breastmilk is the healthiest option for babies.

I do know a huge number of people who ff who have stories of being pitied, embarrassed, and insulted by breastfeeding authorities. It gets a little tiring when you constantly hear not only "breast is best" (fine) but also "formula is poison" (not so fine).

Hanab818
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM
They argue because they can.
erinf28
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM

No matter what women do we always get frowned upon. Those of us that ff our babies get the kisgusted looks and the talk of how breastmilk is better and how can we be selfish by not breastfeeding without knowing that some of us absolutely couldn't breastfeed no matter how hard we tried. My daughter refused to latch and I was only producing about 2 oz a DAY! Definitely not enough to feed a baby. I will try to breastfeed this one when he comes. But when we breastfeed in public discreetly or have to excuse ourselves to breastfeed babies we would still get weird looks like "EW how can she do that in public" or others like that. People have to leave us mothers alone and let us choose what's best for OUR kids and our lifestyles.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM
Women who bash others for their choices are basically women who never had any type achievements. they do one good thing and think they're above all
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM
I can see that. But I have had people get defensive if I even mention breastfl feeding

Quoting Indy3000:

I think they get mad because it is shoved down there throat constantly by bf moms so they argue back. I bf my baby now but could not with my first so i did formula and hated the fact that i had to so when someone mentioned bf was better it just pissed me off because i wanted to bf in the first place...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN