Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I a jerk?! I feel like the bad guy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
We just bought my 7 yo a new bike so we could pass on her old but still very new bike to her 4 yo sister. Anyway point is they are nice bikes.

I do t mind my kids sharing toys, but I have a problem sharing bikes. Especially the oldests bike it's literally a day old!

Am I a bad guy for not letting them share bikes? I know this girl they are playing with has her own bike and its a nice bike too!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM
I'm honestly not understanding the issue? Each child should have their own bike anyways. It's more fun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Bikes can break. Our rule is no riding anyone's bike but your own.

You're right 100%

queencreekmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:31 PM

No. I would tell the girl she needs to go get her own bike. Plus if she doesn't have a bike with her then she probably doesn't have a helmet which is a safety issue. My neighbor's 8 year old died in May when we were all outriding bikes and she fell and hit her head on the curb. You are right.

ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Wait sharing bikes with each other or friends? With each other that would be ok with me, but not with other children.
casah4
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Are you talking about sharing their bikes with other neighborhood children?

ThatSkinnyGirl
by FAT on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand what you are saying. Some friend of your daughters is rising your daughters brand new bike.

When we bought our son a new bike my husband said the same thing when he saw DS sharing it with other kids in the neighborhood. He was irritated because he didnt want the other kids to scratch it up when it was brand new and he felt like it was OUR kids new bike, and they were all hogging it to try out the "cool new bike".

I get what you are saying, but personally I just let it go. As long as the friend is not being selfish and trying to take advantage of your kid and her new stuff, the novelty will wear off shortly and she will have it all to herself.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:33 PM
U have missing parts to your story dear
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:33 PM
No way, I get 2 of everything so there's no fighting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Oh my gosh!!! That's so sad! So sorry for the loss. :(( and your right obviously she's not using her helmet to ride my daughters bike.

Grr it just frustrates me that I have to be the "bad" guy. It honestly embarrasses me to have to enforce rules I'm shy. Lol

Quoting queencreekmom:

No. I would tell the girl she needs to go get her own bike. Plus if she doesn't have a bike with her then she probably doesn't have a helmet which is a safety issue. My neighbor's 8 year old died in May when we were all outriding bikes and she fell and hit her head on the curb. You are right.

jlmc
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 8:34 PM
It's no fun to share a bike anyway, riding books together is where the fun is so the other kids should get their own bikes imo. I wouldn't mind if dd didn't mind sharing but you are not a jerk, you spent good money on something and its your choice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured