Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For moms who are against banning peanut butter at school?

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:08 PM
  • 1824 Replies
10 moms liked this

Why is it such a big deal for your kids to not eat pb&j at school? I mean I don't get the big deal.are you just to lazy to make your kid something else.and I can't stand the excuse "oh well that's all my kid will eat" please that's an excuse for lazy mothers who don't want to actually be a parent and get their kid to eat other stuff.so if you are against banning peanut butter why? 

by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:09 PM
166 moms liked this
Because my kids shouldn't have to not eat something they like because of other kids. Why can't those other kids be at their own table? That would be easier.

Eta- to all the people that keep quoting me saying "just the leftover oil on your hands, or the smell of your breath can cause a reaction"
What do you plan on doing with your child that has allergies THAT bad in the future? That child is fucked in the future if they think everyone is going to accommodate them. The fact of the matter is A LOT of people eat peanuts. So are they going to ask movie theaters, malls, and theme parks, etc. to not serve peanuts while they're there because if they smell it they will die? I highly doubt those places will be that accommodating.
HelloSweetie
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:09 PM
2 moms liked this

Interested in the answers- so BUMP

momto3nuts
by Silver Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM
19 moms liked this

That doesn't fly with me either. My son has autism and sensory issues. Peanut butter and honey sandwiches are one of the few things he will eat.

HelloSweetie
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM
1 mom liked this

My kiddos school is peanut free but the next town over, allows it but if you bring it, you sit at the table. I thought that was interesting.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because my kids shouldn't have to not eat something they like because of other kids. Why can't those other kids be at their own table? That would be easier.

KaylinC03
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM
3 moms liked this

People are against banning peanut butter because they don't believe their child should have to be affected just because someone elses child has allergies.

(Not saying I agree with that. Just telling you that's the reason).

SaratheV
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM
102 moms liked this

My problem isn't the banning of peanut butter. It's when other parents try and say my kid can't do something simply because they're kid can't. We are vegans and I haven't petitioned the school to stop serving milk just because my son has developed an intolerance to it. The needs of ONE child shouldn't overbear the needs of many children. 

yikesitsmindy
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM
3 moms liked this
I love pbjs
malibucj
by Platinum Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I wish my son would eat pb&j. Lol.
HelloSweetie
by Gold Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:11 PM
8 moms liked this

If milk could kill your child - would that change how you feel?

Quoting SaratheV:

My problem isn't the banning of peanut butter. It's when other parents try and say my kid can't do something simply because they're kid can't. We are vegans and I haven't petitioned the school to stop serving milk just because my son has developed an intolerance to it. The needs of ONE child shouldn't overbear the needs of many children. 

ElitestJen
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:11 PM
84 moms liked this

Everyone has problems.  It's wrong to impose those problems on other people.  Like I tell my kids: It may not be fair or your fault, but it is your problem.  It's not someone else's job to accomodate every issue a kid has. 

I'm not against banning peanut products in schools per se, but I am against banning every allergen, danger, or potential harmful substance.  It's unreasonable.  Little Jimmy is allergic to grass so we must ban grass.  Give me a break.  Little Jimmy need to have parents who teach him to cope and act according to his own limitations.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)