Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For moms who are against banning peanut butter at school?

Posted by   + Show Post

Why is it such a big deal for your kids to not eat pb&j at school? I mean I don't get the big deal.are you just to lazy to make your kid something else.and I can't stand the excuse "oh well that's all my kid will eat" please that's an excuse for lazy mothers who don't want to actually be a parent and get their kid to eat other stuff.so if you are against banning peanut butter why? 

by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:13 PM
3 moms liked this
Ditto.

Quoting Babymama7710:

Then keep your kid home

Quoting Anonymous:

Because my kids shouldn't have to not eat something they like because of other kids. Why can't those other kids be at their own table? That would be easier.

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:13 PM
3 moms liked this

because in younger kids you cant control them enough and sometimes just having the oils on their hands and touching a doorknob can set a kid off and can kill them.

Quoting Anonymous:

Because my kids shouldn't have to not eat something they like because of other kids. Why can't those other kids be at their own table? That would be easier.

Photobucket

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Mobile Photo

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:13 PM

DDs school isn't 100% peanut  and nut free, but it's not allowed in the common areas. (Lunch room, gym, great room, library) and it's the odd-numbered rooms that are peanut free).

On the even side, if a kid brings something with peanuts or nuts. . It has to be separated in a different part of the backpack, can't be in the lunch box (can't contaminate it), the child must wash hands, face and brush teeth.

I don't know anyone that actually brings nuts and peanuts to the school.

Quoting HelloSweetie:

My kiddos school is peanut free but the next town over, allows it but if you bring it, you sit at the table. I thought that was interesting.

Quoting Anonymous:

HelloSweetie
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Why does anyone need to stay home? Schools are required to address all special needs of children who wish to attend- every school should have something in place for this situation. *IMO*

Quoting Babymama7710:

Then keep your kid home

Quoting Anonymous:

Babymama7710
by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:13 PM
3 moms liked this

Why can't you give him sun butter it taste just like pb

Quoting momto3nuts:

That doesn't fly with me either. My son has autism and sensory issues. Peanut butter and honey sandwiches are one of the few things he will eat.

Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:14 PM
21 moms liked this

It has nothing to do with what my kid will eat, it's the principle. The needs of the minority to do not get to dictate the rules for everyone. If a kid is really so allergic to peanut butter that they can't be in the same room as it, they have a serious medical issue and should be in a hospital or some other sterile environment.

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:14 PM
7 moms liked this

Because that is what I want to give my child.  I make my own jellies, jams, and peanut butter and bread actually.  I know it's a healthy lunch for my child.  If that is what I want no one else should tell me I can not feed that to my child.  My child is not the one wih the allergy so *I* do not have to carefully watch what my child is eating.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:14 PM
2 moms liked this
My child has a peanut allergy and I think it's great that they have a table to sit at- but kids who eat peanut butter don't wash their hands and it gets rubbed on tables and everywhere. If it was your child who had an allergy I pretty much bet you would want them to be safe. You sound very snobbish!

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:14 PM
1 mom liked this
My friends son has a deadly peanut allergy. Just coming in contact with peanut oil transferred from people's hands could kill him. If it were your kid with the potentially deadly allergy I'm pretty sure you'd appreciate a little community support

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN