Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

For moms who are against banning peanut butter at school?

Posted by   + Show Post

Why is it such a big deal for your kids to not eat pb&j at school? I mean I don't get the big deal.are you just to lazy to make your kid something else.and I can't stand the excuse "oh well that's all my kid will eat" please that's an excuse for lazy mothers who don't want to actually be a parent and get their kid to eat other stuff.so if you are against banning peanut butter why? 

by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Replies (1321-1330):
mommie2madison
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Yes drama queen - please consider us selfish as you promote an over exaggerated anxiety epedemic.

Quoting Anonymous:

OMG. We're talking about a LETHAL ALLERGY -- FROM CONTACT -- you selfish people! You're so worried about your precious little darlings getting their PB&J, which they can eat at home, that you don't care if you KILL another child?

Indiemom880
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's incredibly selfish. There was an article awhile back where they weren't banning them, but they were having the kids wash their hands and rinse out their mouths after eating. The parents were LIVID because this would take an extra 15 minutes out of their child's learning! They wanted to deprive a kid the chance to go to school and be a normal kid because their kid had to wash their hands and that just wasn't right O,o

There was some quote by some mom that was like "I don't see the necessity of it. 9 out of 10 times, if peanut butter goes in the mouth, it's going to stay there"  Nice statistics lady, so 10% of the time the kid dies. Whore.

Quit being a jerk and feed your kid something healthy for a change.

Babymama7710
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I don't really care what other people's school bans our school has only banned peanut butter

Quoting Anonymous:

Nor anything with peanuts in it.
Nothing cooked in peanut oil.
Some schools won't let you bring in anything that's been made in a factory where peanuts are.

It's not just banning PB&J.

Quoting Babymama7710:
You act like someone is telling you you can never feed your kid pb.going to school is a right having pb for lunch is not.sorry thats to hard for you to understand

Indiemom880
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:47 PM

They don't ban peanut butter over anxiety...they ban it if a child has a life threatening allergy.

Quoting mommie2madison:

Yes drama queen - please consider us selfish as you promote an over exaggerated anxiety epedemic.

Quoting Anonymous:

OMG. We're talking about a LETHAL ALLERGY -- FROM CONTACT -- you selfish people! You're so worried about your precious little darlings getting their PB&J, which they can eat at home, that you don't care if you KILL another child?

Babymama7710
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Because they have a RIGHT to a public education your child does NOT have a right to eat pb at school

Quoting Mickimarie:

if you can tell me to homeschool why can't the few children who can't be around the nuts be homeschooled. If one out of fifty kids is allergic will you be the one to tell the other forty-nine children that they need to be homeschooled because of the first child

Quoting Babymama7710:

Sure at your house.school is a different thing.they can tell you that your child can't have pb and if you don't like it homeschool 

Quoting Mickimarie:

Quoting Babymama7710:

You act like someone is telling you you can never feed your kid pb.going to school is a right having pb for lunch is not.sorry thats to hard for you to understand

Quoting Mickimarie:

I just don't get it you want to take something away from hundreds of children because a few can't have it. Growing up I had a cousin allergic to dairy, one can't have cinnamon,friends that couldn't eat gluten, a friend who's religious beliefs doesn't allow them to eat meat. I personally can't have anything sugar-free. should we have made the school ban meat, milk, cheese, cookies, bread, yogurt etc because they were things that we as individuals couldn't eat? Nope we were just smart enough not to be around the foods that make us sick.

Quoting Babymama7710:

The same question can be asked why the kid with the pb allergies should stay home because some strangers kid can't eat it at home and not at school where having a pb is NOT a right

Quoting Mickimarie:

Why should her kid not be allowed to go to school because some strangers kid can't eat the same food?

Quoting Babymama7710:

Then keep your kid home

Quoting Anonymous:

Because my kids shouldn't have to not eat something they like because of other kids. Why can't those other kids be at their own table? That would be easier.

No one has the right to tell me what I am allowed to feed MY child. You don't want your child around my kids food tell them to stay away from them. Seems simple to me. you are telling the parents that want the right to feed their children as they choose that they should make their kids stay home. If that were the case all children would be homeschooled because the school would not stay open for your precious few.

copasetic1
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Because it is ridiculous to allow anyone to foist their problem off on other people. Are mothers of kids with peanut allergies just too lazy to teach their children to never, never  touch any peanut product? Seems like an important thing to teach them. Your child's problems should not make other people change their lives, that's on the people who actually have the problem.

Babymama7710
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Ya a typo have a problem with it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why is peanut butter banned in your house?

Quoting Babymama7710:

Actually only peanut butter is banned in our house 

Quoting Anonymous:

The parents with kids that have the nut allergies are saying they don't want PEANUTS in the school/district. The majority of parents are being told that it is peanut butter or anything with peanuts in it. What the pro-peanut banners are NOT telling the rest of the parents is that it is ALL NUTS, & NUT BY-PRODUCTS that are banned. Now go read the labels of everything in your cupboards and pantries. You will see that there are things listed there that you wouldn't think would be in that item, there is one something that is in so many of the foods that we eat PALM NUT OIL and that is from a nut so it and anything that it is in MUST be banned. So guess what now the school district has to replace ALL those foods with ones that don't contain palm nut oil. Now the cost of your child's school meals just increased. Here is the real kicker to the entire thing. 1) you pay the increased meal price 2) you send meals to school with your child. Now if you are going to send a meal to school with your child you CAN NOT send ANYTHING that has nuts or nut by-products so now you are having to pay more money for groceries because you are being forced to pay for foods that your family doesn't have to have because you HAVE to accomodate someone else's child. 

Are those parents with allergic kids going to pay for the increase in the food prices at the school? NO (not my problem). Are those parents going to pay for the increase in your grocery bill because you have to spend more money to accomodate their child? OH HELL NO they won't (again not my problem).

SCARE TATICS IS ALL THAT IS BEING USED AND PARENTS WITH KIDS WITH NUT ALLERGIES ARE BUYING INTO ALL OF IT! So far all the Mom's that have answered these posts in the past have only given anecdotal evidence of peanut dust invading a school and sending a child to the hospital, a fellow student that ate a pb&j at lunch touched a child on the playground who then went into anaphalatic shock and was taken to the hospital and almost died, a kid ate a granola bar on the way to school and the crumbs on his/her shirt got onto a kid with an allergy and that child died. 

ALL OF THOSE ARE THINGS HAVE NOT HAPPENED. THEY ARE ONLY SCARE TATICS. They are being used because parents with kids with allergies are to lazy to teach their child to be responsible. Parents of kids with diabetes teach their children how to take responsibility for their health and I've seen K&1st graders who can do it and they know what they can and can't eat. My kid is in 4th grade she is sn with the mental ability of a 3.5 year old and she can & will tell you what she can & can not have to eat. Now how come the kids whose parents are so paranoid about nuts can't teach their children? Because those parents are lazy and expect EVERYONE else to cater to their child.  

Babymama7710
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM

What's not logical about eating pb at home?

Quoting Anonymous:

She's telling you that because she has no concept of logic.

Quoting Mickimarie:

if you can tell me to homeschool why can't the few children who can't be around the nuts be homeschooled. If one out of fifty kids is allergic will you be the one to tell the other forty-nine children that they need to be homeschooled because of the first child

Quoting Babymama7710:

Sure at your house.school is a different thing.they can tell you that your child can't have pb and if you don't like it homeschool 

Quoting Mickimarie:

Quoting Babymama7710:

Quoting Mickimarie:

I just don't get it you want to take something away from hundreds of children because a few can't have it. Growing up I had a cousin allergic to dairy, one can't have cinnamon,friends that couldn't eat gluten, a friend who's religious beliefs doesn't allow them to eat meat. I personally can't have anything sugar-free. should we have made the school ban meat, milk, cheese, cookies, bread, yogurt etc because they were things that we as individuals couldn't eat? Nope we were just smart enough not to be around the foods that make us sick.

Quoting Babymama7710:

The same question can be asked why the kid with the pb allergies should stay home because some strangers kid can't eat it at home and not at school where having a pb is NOT a right

Quoting Mickimarie:

Why should her kid not be allowed to go to school because some strangers kid can't eat the same food?

Quoting Babymama7710:

Then keep your kid home

Quoting Anonymous:

Because my kids shouldn't have to not eat something they like because of other kids. Why can't those other kids be at their own table? That would be easier.

No one has the right to tell me what I am allowed to feed MY child. You don't want your child around my kids food tell them to stay away from them. Seems simple to me. you are telling the parents that want the right to feed their children as they choose that they should make their kids stay home. If that were the case all children would be homeschooled because the school would not stay open for your precious few.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:54 PM
But shouldn't your point be consistent?

Quoting Babymama7710:

I don't really care what other people's school bans our school has only banned peanut butter

Quoting Anonymous:

Nor anything with peanuts in it.

Nothing cooked in peanut oil.

Some schools won't let you bring in anything that's been made in a factory where peanuts are.

It's not just banning PB&J.

Quoting Babymama7710:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Why are you so angry?

Quoting Babymama7710:

Ya a typo have a problem with it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why is peanut butter banned in your house?

Quoting Babymama7710:

Actually only peanut butter is banned in our house 

Quoting Anonymous:

The parents with kids that have the nut allergies are saying they don't want PEANUTS in the school/district. The majority of parents are being told that it is peanut butter or anything with peanuts in it. What the pro-peanut banners are NOT telling the rest of the parents is that it is ALL NUTS, & NUT BY-PRODUCTS that are banned. Now go read the labels of everything in your cupboards and pantries. You will see that there are things listed there that you wouldn't think would be in that item, there is one something that is in so many of the foods that we eat PALM NUT OIL and that is from a nut so it and anything that it is in MUST be banned. So guess what now the school district has to replace ALL those foods with ones that don't contain palm nut oil. Now the cost of your child's school meals just increased. Here is the real kicker to the entire thing. 1) you pay the increased meal price 2) you send meals to school with your child. Now if you are going to send a meal to school with your child you CAN NOT send ANYTHING that has nuts or nut by-products so now you are having to pay more money for groceries because you are being forced to pay for foods that your family doesn't have to have because you HAVE to accomodate someone else's child. 

Are those parents with allergic kids going to pay for the increase in the food prices at the school? NO (not my problem). Are those parents going to pay for the increase in your grocery bill because you have to spend more money to accomodate their child? OH HELL NO they won't (again not my problem).

SCARE TATICS IS ALL THAT IS BEING USED AND PARENTS WITH KIDS WITH NUT ALLERGIES ARE BUYING INTO ALL OF IT! So far all the Mom's that have answered these posts in the past have only given anecdotal evidence of peanut dust invading a school and sending a child to the hospital, a fellow student that ate a pb&j at lunch touched a child on the playground who then went into anaphalatic shock and was taken to the hospital and almost died, a kid ate a granola bar on the way to school and the crumbs on his/her shirt got onto a kid with an allergy and that child died. 

ALL OF THOSE ARE THINGS HAVE NOT HAPPENED. THEY ARE ONLY SCARE TATICS. They are being used because parents with kids with allergies are to lazy to teach their child to be responsible. Parents of kids with diabetes teach their children how to take responsibility for their health and I've seen K&1st graders who can do it and they know what they can and can't eat. My kid is in 4th grade she is sn with the mental ability of a 3.5 year old and she can & will tell you what she can & can not have to eat. Now how come the kids whose parents are so paranoid about nuts can't teach their children? Because those parents are lazy and expect EVERYONE else to cater to their child.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)