Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For moms who are against banning peanut butter at school?

Posted by   + Show Post

Why is it such a big deal for your kids to not eat pb&j at school? I mean I don't get the big deal.are you just to lazy to make your kid something else.and I can't stand the excuse "oh well that's all my kid will eat" please that's an excuse for lazy mothers who don't want to actually be a parent and get their kid to eat other stuff.so if you are against banning peanut butter why? 

by on Aug. 1, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Replies (1381-1390):
Babymama7710
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Every parent with a brat child says the same thing so really that means nothing.im sure she does hahaha

Quoting Mickimarie:

My daughter is far from being a brat. honestly my daughter doesn't even like PB I just don't agree with the idea of punishing the majority for the sake of the minority. You talk about compassion all I see is control. Because some parents aren't able to teach their children caution, they expect us all to just cater to their childen. You judge my parenting, you judge my daughter, you have never met either of us. You have never watched my daughter pat someone on the back who is crying, never seen her give her toys to the new baby in the church nursery who was fussing. You don't know her. She has manners, is a Please and Thank You type of child. Are you really so far out of logic that you have to attack a strangers parenting and the character of her toddler?

Quoting Babymama7710:

Good because I'm sure they wouldn't want your little brat around anyways.with a mother like you I can only imagin the child you are raising.atleast I can sleep at night know my kids have compassion and consideration for another person life and would be happy to give up their pb

Quoting Mickimarie:

No thank you. I won't send her to a place deliberately favoring the minorities.

Quoting Babymama7710:

Send your child to a school that has banned pb and you will find out real fast that they can.some schools in our area have started to suspend kids who break the rules 

Quoting Mickimarie:

Where is the law stating that you can ban my child based on her food choices? Where is the law giving you the right to dictate what My child eats?

Quoting Babymama7710:

Because they have a RIGHT to a public education your child does NOT have a right to eat pb at school

Quoting Mickimarie:

if you can tell me to homeschool why can't the few children who can't be around the nuts be homeschooled. If one out of fifty kids is allergic will you be the one to tell the other forty-nine children that they need to be homeschooled because of the first child

Quoting Babymama7710:

Sure at your house.school is a different thing.they can tell you that your child can't have pb and if you don't like it homeschool 

Quoting Mickimarie:

Quoting Babymama7710:

You act like someone is telling you you can never feed your kid pb.going to school is a right having pb for lunch is not.sorry thats to hard for you to understand

Quoting Mickimarie:

I just don't get it you want to take something away from hundreds of children because a few can't have it. Growing up I had a cousin allergic to dairy, one can't have cinnamon,friends that couldn't eat gluten, a friend who's religious beliefs doesn't allow them to eat meat. I personally can't have anything sugar-free. should we have made the school ban meat, milk, cheese, cookies, bread, yogurt etc because they were things that we as individuals couldn't eat? Nope we were just smart enough not to be around the foods that make us sick.

Quoting Babymama7710:

The same question can be asked why the kid with the pb allergies should stay home because some strangers kid can't eat it at home and not at school where having a pb is NOT a right

Quoting Mickimarie:

Why should her kid not be allowed to go to school because some strangers kid can't eat the same food?

Quoting Babymama7710:

Then keep your kid home

Quoting Anonymous:

Because my kids shouldn't have to not eat something they like because of other kids. Why can't those other kids be at their own table? That would be easier.

No one has the right to tell me what I am allowed to feed MY child. You don't want your child around my kids food tell them to stay away from them. Seems simple to me. you are telling the parents that want the right to feed their children as they choose that they should make their kids stay home. If that were the case all children would be homeschooled because the school would not stay open for your precious few.

Babymama7710
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Well good for you! Did you want a cookie or something? I'm pretty sure there's probably a linty one under the couch.
Quoting Babymama7710:

I'm not going to fix every little typo that comes up.this isn't English class

Quoting Anonymous:

Chomping. You cannot chop a bit. They are made of metal and resistant to chopping.

Babymama7710
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Says the anon haha

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, not so much.

Quoting Babymama7710:

Better then anon

Quoting Anonymous:

C'mon. Did you really expect more of someone with the screen name of "Babymama"? 

Quoting mommie2madison:

No, it just shows that you care more about being a troll bitch than being a mom.. what a disgrace of a mother you have proven yourself to be.

Quoting Babymama7710:

No deflection that was the whole point of the post and it worked you bitches are chopping at the bit 

Quoting Anonymous:

Deflection.

Babymama7710
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Eh I'm not ashamed of being a bitch.its the Internet I don't have to be nice

Quoting Mickimarie:

True I think Bitchy must just be your main personality trait. Not pissed just petty. I retract my prior statement

Quoting Babymama7710:

You may think you have pissed someone off but really you haven't 

Quoting Mickimarie:

I think I love this post my daughter doens't even eat PB nor is she in school and I'm still managing to piss people off. now they go so far as to insult the character of my toddler

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:48 PM
My kids have plenty of other options for lunch at school. I would never want to risk another child's life so my kid could have a pb& j sandwich. I never really even thought about it til I worked with a child with a peanut allergy and learned more about it. It is such a serious thing!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Careful. There's probably peanuts in them cookies. It'd be awful if your fingers swelled up too much to type.

Quoting Babymama7710:

Quoting Anonymous:

Well good for you! Did you want a cookie or something? I'm pretty sure there's probably a linty one under the couch.
Quoting Babymama7710:

Quoting Anonymous:

Chomping. You cannot chop a bit. They are made of metal and resistant to chopping.

Lilred57
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:50 PM
i actually agree with almost everything in this.

Quoting ElitestJen:

Everyone has problems.  It's wrong to impose those problems on other people.  Like I tell my kids: It may not be fair or your fault, but it is your problem.  It's not someone else's job to accomodate every issue a kid has. 

I'm not against banning peanut products in schools per se, but I am against banning every allergen, danger, or potential harmful substance.  It's unreasonable.  Little Jimmy is allergic to grass so we must ban grass.  Give me a break.  Little Jimmy need to have parents who teach him to cope and act according to his own limitations.

Babymama7710
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:51 PM

One can only hope that you can't have peanuts and someone give you one by "accident" or better yet they eat one and breath in your face

Quoting Anonymous:

Careful. There's probably peanuts in them cookies. It'd be awful if your fingers swelled up too much to type.

Quoting Babymama7710:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Babymama7710:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Really? Are people so selfish they would RISK A CHILD'S LIFE to prove that you "Can't tell them what to feed" their child? Really? Feed them PB&J at home. I think many of these people saying that would be singing a really different tune if it was their child with the allergy!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Awwwww. How cute. An adorable little internet threat. What are you gonna do? Go all capslock on me? I'm terrified. Horrified. Shaking in my boots. 

Or wait. Was that supposed to be snarky? Bitchy? I'm not really sure. Darn these monotyping computers. Tone is just soooo hard to convey. 

It's okay. You can eat the cookie. I won't tell. 

Quoting Babymama7710:

One can only hope that you can't have peanuts and someone give you one by "accident" or better yet they eat one and breath in your face

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Babymama7710:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Babymama7710:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured