Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

such a sad accident. rip baby angela

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:07 AM
  • 60 Replies
In west new York, NJ a shuttle bus driver was using his cellphone while operating the bus. Due to him using his phone he lost control of the bus. It slammed into two light posts, a tree and a parked car. One of the light posts fell onto a stroller with 8 month old baby Angela in it. She passed away from her injuries. The driver is being charged with using a phone while operating an auto and death by auto. Its the freak accidents with children that are so hard to believe. They were just walking down the street on a beautiful sunny day. Smh. I can't believe he was using his phone while driving... but not just driving his personal car.. he was working! You shouldn't even have your phone out period while driving let alone at work.
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sharell8710
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:14 AM
:( so horrible! Sweet baby.. RIP. I am against texting and driving to the fullest. People need to stop!
marinenonstop
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:18 AM
Most vehicular accidents I see involve cell phones. I was sitting outside for lunch one day, for about ten minutes after I was done eating I was people watching and car watching... I saw about five cars pass with people using their phones while driving. In ten minutes! I agree, it needs to stop.

Quoting Sharell8710:

:( so horrible! Sweet baby.. RIP. I am against texting and driving to the fullest. People need to stop!

SyllabaryBisque
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:19 AM
Oh no, how awful! :(
want10more
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:22 AM

my cousin's kid is still messed up due to her txting while driving. she'll not be the same ever, due to head injuries. and she was a mom. i say WAS cuz she can't be any more. i have no clue what txt would be more important than that...... and oh. poor baby angela. and innocent served up to today's social norms.

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:26 AM
Poor baby. This is why my phone is on silent when I drive and in my babies diaper bag. I've.always been.overly cautious while driving though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:27 AM
I almost got hit by a woman on her phone. I was walking in the crosswalk and this lady kept pulling into the intersection while texting. I cursed her out big time!
marinenonstop
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:29 AM
Oh no, I'm an ems provider. This was a case my coworker responded to.

Quoting momlover42:

did you cal the police?

marinenonstop
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:31 AM
Wow.. so sad. I feel bad for your cousins child.

Quoting want10more:

my cousin's kid is still messed up due to her txting while driving. she'll not be the same ever, due to head injuries. and she was a mom. i say WAS cuz she can't be any more. i have no clue what txt would be more important than that...... and oh. poor baby angela. and innocent served up to today's social norms.

want10more
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:34 AM

thank you for your thots!

Quoting marinenonstop:

Wow.. so sad. I feel bad for your cousins child.

Quoting want10more:

marinenonstop
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:36 AM
When my oldest was a baby we were crossing in a crosswalk and a man took the turn without yielding. I jumped back with the stroller. But had I not it would've hit my son. The man actually stopped.. rolled down his window and cussed ME out! That I should not be crossing while he was turning. Excuse me?!? I had the light.. I was in the crosswalk.. I had every right to go. He was turning and should've yielded to crossing pedestrians. I flipped out... saw red. I Gabe the stroller to my mom and began cussing him out and kicking his car. I reached for the car door because I was literally going to beat the crap out of him. He was INCHES from my stroller after I pulled the stroller back.. and when I say I pulled it back.. I half way ran and it was a quick reflex.. he almost HIT my child. I lost it. People are so negligent while driving .. its mind boggling.

Quoting Mrs.Bryant1201:

I almost got hit by a woman on her phone. I was walking in the crosswalk and this lady kept pulling into the intersection while texting. I cursed her out big time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN