Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

nervous. ..needs advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
I don't normally post here and I am on my phone so I'm sorry if there are typos. I am a single mom and have moved back in with my parents a few years ago to get back on my feet after the divorce.
I currently hold 2 bachelor of Science degrees and work as a lead lab tech. I have been wanting to go back to school for my Masters degree. A very good friend of mine has offered for us to move into together (get a 4 bedroom apt or house) if I go back to school. I would have to move 1.5 hour to Columbia from my parents. I have just started researching the requirements and grant/scholarship/loan opportunities. I just I am nervous about stepping out of my comfort zone. My daughter is 4 and all she has ever known are my parents and me. Sorry if this rambles. I have been up all night lol.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:34 AM

I don't have any advice, sorry. Good luck though with school! 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:44 AM
Thank you. I hope I get accepted. Science fields are competitive. I just wonder if I'm being selfish to take her from the only family she knows. Never thought I'd be this scared at my age lol
Snakecharm
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:51 AM
Sounds like a good oppurtunity. Can't live with your parents forever. Good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:55 AM
Thank you. I don't want to live with them. It was just the best thing at the time. Just sent an email to one of the Professors to see what undergrad classes I lack.
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:58 AM
I would do it. Your daughter will be okay. You are doing something that's good for.the both of you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 6:00 AM

i would stay where am more comfortable. sometimes living with someone eles in time causes problems.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2013 at 6:58 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:12 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:13 AM

if it will better your lives in the long run, go for it...you'll be glad you did, and won't grieve over missed opportunities

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 7:14 AM

No one grows by staying the same

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)