Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How often do you dust?

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:32 AM
  • 40 Replies

I have a pretty strict cleaning schedule I stick to keep my anxiety down and everything under control. (I find I cannot study if my house has anything out of place.)  I used to feel ok dusting my wood furniture once a week, but find its not enough and have been finding myself dusting twice a week otherwise you can see dust on the furniture.

A friend of mine and I were talking and she said she dusts once a month!  She has a spotless house!  I about fell over.

I think some of it is I live on the second story of an apartment on a main road (meaning more dust flying).

So I am curious...how often do you dust and what type of home situation are you in?

by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:35 AM
Eek I am pretty bad with dusting. I don't keep track. I used to be better with it but my 4 month old is always needing my attention and when she naps I clean kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms and do laundry lol. I always put dusting off. :/

Oh and since she's been born I do it like twice a month too lol. I live in a one story 4 bedroom and 2 bath house. Yeesh now I need to dust today...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vvinkyloafer
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:36 AM
At least once a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellawomen
by Summer on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:37 AM

lol  How do you know when you have put it off long enough and finally give in to the chore?

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Eek I am pretty bad with dusting. I don't keep track. I used to be better with it but my 4 month old is always needing my attention and when she naps I clean kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms and do laundry lol. I always put dusting off. :/

MrS.GiFFord
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:39 AM
Lol I look at my TV stand daily and I'm like I should dust that, get distracted with something else and forget about it. I'm bad I know....

Quoting bellawomen:

lol  How do you know when you have put it off long enough and finally give in to the chore?

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
want10more
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:41 AM

have to dust every day. kid w/ asthma. so also vacuum.......

white_wolf454
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:46 AM

1 a month

ombrerose
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:49 AM
1 mom liked this

i dust as infrequently as possible.

myangels2
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:52 AM
2-3 times a week. We have open fields almost all around our house, then add in sandy ground on a dry and windy day.....it gets pretty dusty.
BeiberHATER
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:54 AM
1 mom liked this

DUSTING??? what is this you speak of?

Lydlou02
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 5:57 AM
My stuff gets handled often enough that nothing has an opportunity to get dusty. Well, except behind furniture, but that's something else entirely.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)