Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anthony Weiner's Wife Blames Herself for His Sexting -- Should She?

Posted by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM
  • 95 Replies
1 mom liked this

Anthony Weiner's Wife Blames Herself for His Sexting -- Should She?

by April Daniels Hussar

Anthony Weiner Huma AbedinFriends say that Anthony Weiner's wife blamed herself -- at least partially -- for her husband's sexting. Can you imagine? Sources close to Huma Abedin told People magazine (in an issue due out tomorrow) that Huma beat herself up when her weiner of a husband confessed last year that he had gone back to his dirty dog sexting ways. Huma reportedly felt she bore some responsibility, because she had stopped going to marriage therapy and had been devoting too much attention to their newborn baby, little Jordan.

Excuse me? What is wrong with you, girl?!

If this is true -- and I really hope for Huma's sake that it's not -- then this otherwise smart woman really needs to get some help. She needs to understand that the victim is NOT to blame, and if I were her best friend, sister, or mom, I'd want to kidnap her and get a professional to talk some sense into her!

Throughout this whole gross scandal, I have really tried not to be judgmental about the fact that Huma has stayed by the side of her disgraced, cheating husband. (Oh yes, you bet I consider sexting and engaging in phone sex cheating!) No matter my personal opinion or what I like to think I would do in her shoes, what goes on between two people is really their own business. I have even somewhat admired the fact that Huma had the strength to stay despite the public support she would have gotten for leaving. She obviously felt that her marriage was worth putting the work in to save, both for the sake of the vows she made and for the sake of the baby she had growing inside of her when the original sexting allegations emerged and her husband had to step down from his New York Congressman seat. 

A friend named Rory Tahari told People, "She never wanted Jordan to say to her, 'Why didn’t you do everything you could to help Dad?'" When I think about it from that perspective, I can really, really understand where Huma was coming from when she decided to stay.

But going to far as to blame herself? That's just wrong. It's a sick and unhealthy way of looking at this situation. There is ONE PERSON at fault here, and that one person is Anthony Weiner. It is his fault, and his fault alone, that the entire world can now see pictures of his, er, wiener if they so choose. He made the choice to cheat on his wife and child, to disrespect his wedding vows and his family home.

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Do you understand why Huma might feel even partially at fault?

by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happymomma13
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:15 AM
12 moms liked this
Another woman trapped under the spell of an asshole...
lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:17 AM
2 moms liked this

Please.  

The only person to blame in this is Weiner and his fascination with his namesake.

She needs to drop that douche like a hot rock.

ksueditz
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM
5 moms liked this

you cannot control what another person does. they way they behave is a reflection of their character, not yours. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM
1 mom liked this
Disgusting what politics forces people to do... Her soul must be burning right now with having to say something like that...

She didn't press send... She didn't write those nasty things... He did...
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Shes nuts!!
I will bet hes controlling
Brain washed her into thinking its her fault
Luna091306
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:23 AM
3 moms liked this
It's not her fault but she is trying to understand her role in all this. Her lack of attention may be a reason but its certainly not an excuse for his behavior. I just went through the same thing with my dh and while it was his choice to go outside the relationship, I hadn't been tending to his needs. I got comfortable and let other things come before him.
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Ugh, of course it's not her fault. When are we going to start holding people accountable for their own actions? I'm sure she wasn't holding a gun to his head and forcing him to do all that. The only person to blame for his actions is the wiener himself. 

momto3infl
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Well I laugh at sexting because to me that def is not the be all end all of a marriage.  I can see why she would felt this way with stopping the counseling they both needed and probably forgetting about things to care for a newborn at the time.  Again I just dont see the big deal on sexting, I guess I am a little more forgiving or just think certain things in marriage are not a big deal.

leavinglasvegas
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 9:49 AM
4 moms liked this

She married a politically ambititious man and took a politically ambititious job herself because she wants a star to hitch a ride on. The problem is - he's not going to be mayor. His skeletons came out before he hit the big stage. I think his career is over. At the end of the day, she is doing damage control for her own career (if there is any left after Hillary is done with her) so she's not seen as the idiot wife who put up with a narcissitic sex addict husband who has no respect or regard for his wife, even if it means scandalizing himself and his family on a national scale.

If she had jumped off the first time, she may have something to salvage, but not now. She bet on the wrong horse and didn't get out fast enough. At the recent press conference, he was standing a foot behind her, arms folded in front of him, brooding over her shoulder, scowling and looking from the release she was reading and up at her face, back and forth - like a father commanding over a child he is making apologize under diress. The body language alone makes it clear that there is a super controlling element here.

Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised if his name pops up over and over in the future. The only thing in the press are the things people have admitted - what is he doing that no one knows about? There's just something creepy about his behavior beyond sexting, the constant photos, the ages of the girls, the fact that it was as recently as maybe June. He's proud of it and behaves in a way that seems like he feels it makes him 'more of a man' and totally normal or something. He's like the guy who takes pictures up womens skirts. Gives me the heebie-jeebies.

KenneMaw
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:04 AM
1 mom liked this

NO...this is HIS problem.  He has issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured