Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Smoking

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
Ok. First, please don't judge. My husband and I are both smokers. We have been since we were both 16, and quite frankly neither of us has any intention of quitting. We also have 2 small children. I quit while I was pregnant, cold tyrkey, but deep down I knew I would start up again afterwards. We never smoke around our children. We keep our smoking to the front porch and the bedroom, which leads me to the point of this post. My husband has a major smoking fetish. I've known about it for years, and have been obliging his fetish for years now. We've always incorporated smoking into our sex life, and I've always enjoyed it, but nothing like I've begun to enjoy it over the last year. We engage in smokey sex probably 2-3 nights a week, and it has never been more intense or satisfying. I'm not going to get into the details, but I'll say that Iwe smoke quite heavily during these times in the bedroom. I only smoke an average of 4-6 cigs a day on average (although if given the right atmosphere I'm a chainsmokee), but in the bedroom I usually chain 4-6 in less than a half hour. My overall point is that I love it, I don't feel bad about it, and I have no intention of stopping. And that's my confession. Am I a bad mother because I don't worry about the fact that our bedroom reeks of smoke? My hubs mentioned to me the other day that we should try to find a way to air out the romm since we have window unit ACs in right now. My response was basically "why?" It's our room and we smoke. What's the big deal? I know that I'm a wonderful mom. In fact, we're both great parents. We provide a clean, loving home, and I would never smoke around my kids. But mommy and daddy need their special time, and at least for the foreseeable future that includes ciggys in the bedroom.

BTW. For any of you ladies that do smoke, you really should give it a try during sex. You might never go back.
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tracylynn100
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:59 AM

I don't see an issue with it unless the kids are in there with you.  An exhaust fan wouldn't be a terrible idea :-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 10:59 AM

i have nothing nice to say so i just won't say anything at all

MissTuree
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Air purifiers maybe?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Do your kids have asthma or any pulmonary problems?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I kinda want the dirty details...
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

I would suggest to get a good air purifier. Cigarette smoke can really do a number on walls and it takes a long time for the strong scent to go away. This is coming from someone who used to smoke heavily and in our house before kids. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:02 AM

The smoke still leaves the room and wonders into the rest of the home. There is no magic barrior at your bedroom door that keeps it all in...

smcnee
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:04 AM
I am really curious how smoking can be involved with sex lol
PinkHart
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
You may be great parents but not in this situation. Smoking inside the home is horrible for your children. You can NOT contain it to one room. You're allowing smoke to filter through the house for sexual pleasure. Pretty darn selfish.
VittlesKitten
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Smoke disperses into other parts of the house. Growing up I developed asthma because my dad smoked in the house. Our house had wall units installed in ever room. I didn't matter- I would have attack if my father was smoking in the living room and I was all the way up in my bedroom (it was a 5,000 sqft house too) with separate air sources. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)