Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

School lunch restrictions

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

My ds starts school next year and I didn't realize that schools banned foods........What restrictions have you all noticed (can be ones you agree or disagree with)?  I was just curious.

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:03 AM

our school doesn't have any restrictions except for snacks (he's starting k) and those are just no cookies, cake, cupcake type stuff which is fine with me!

Kitschy
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:03 AM

My dd is in half day kindergarten this year so I have no idea what they allow and what they don't. I doubt I feed her much on the banned list. That's just my assumption.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I homeschool so I have no idea what is banned around here. It wouldn't bother me though. It wouldn't be that big of a deal to me if my kid couldn't have a certain thing at school.

RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:05 AM

no soda.  that's it.  doesn't effect me at all since i wouldn't allow it anyway.

2and2onway
by Kimmie on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Our school are peanut sensitive, that means you can provide your own child with a peanut food, but not to share with the class.

fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

All junk food is banned in our schools.

Dragonmamas
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Nothing is banned in our county thus far and I'm happy about that.

ksueditz
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM

we are not allowed to send baked goods, or any foods w/ peanut butter or peanuts.

ShellLea
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I don't know about our schools. Most kids don't pack lunches here. All I really know is that they provide vegetarian alternatives.

krusesbaby
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Probably anything with nuts will be banned from most schools. Just because some of the kids cant even be arround them. My cousins couldnt even step foot in a Texas Roadhouse without having to get an eppi pen shot.

Maybe strawberries? I could see not allowing cupcakes or junk like that becuase it may cause problems with the other children and some parents dont want their children eating things other people home make. i know in some of our schools if your child brings a snack for the class for their birthday they have to be store bought and individually wrapped. Gone are the days when your mom bakes cookies or anything for your class on your birthday. Sad day 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)