Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you ever feel?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

Overwhelmed with life? I do and more now than ever. It's driving me crazy. What do you do to help with this feeling? 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:04 AM

i have my moments. then i just tell myself to suck it up and move on. stressing about stuff that needs to be done will only make things worse and more overwhelming.

hgibsonorc
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM
I make changes. If I'm stressed it is a sign that I'm not taking good enough care of myself. I will do a raw food detox, get a sitter and have a day to myself, drop some obligations and get my schedule into a more manageable reality and meditate.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1likeme
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Usually when I get overwhelmed it's because I've been lazy and procrastinating. So what I do is write everything down on paper and make myself to do lists for a few days until everything is completed. After I get everything done I find that I deal with the daily irritations in a much better way.
Chrissywissy
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Not with life. I get overwhelmed sometimes in daily life, but not so much that I can't handle it. I actually really love my life, and there is not a whole lot to be overwhelmed by. LOL the thing that overwhelms me the most is laundry.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:08 AM

thats the thing I never really stress in a sense. I just feel like I need a break, from life. I am just tired, tired of work, tired of cleaning, tired of cooking, tired of my name being called, tired of people calling me, just tired to the point that I feel weighed down. I guess overwhelmed was the wrong word. I feel like I have been going strong since I was 16, I have to be honest and now at 27 I want to say screw this crap lol. I won't but goodness I am just tired

Quoting Anonymous:

i have my moments. then i just tell myself to suck it up and move on. stressing about stuff that needs to be done will only make things worse and more overwhelming.

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:10 AM

Change what you can and accept what you cannot

missmonkeysma
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Sometimes. I like to try to take "me time". I have dh or family watch dd and i go shopping or get my nails done or have a movie day (sit in bed with munchies lol). Its good to get away from it all for a little bit. It helps me relax so i wont blow up on my dh or dd.

amberlyp
by Gold Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:12 AM
Yes. We are in the middle of a move and its tough. I have two babies ( 13 months and 4 weeks ) and you can't see my living room floor because of all of our stuff that I can't put away because of the kids. They always need something. Lol

We only moved because we rented our house out and they needed to be in ASAP.'so in 6 weeks when my hubs gets out of the military, we move again. Back home to Oregon this time. Ahhh it's just a lot to deal with
LitNut
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Hot bath, hot tea, and a good book once I know DS is asleep and the house is quiet.

redneckmama4
by Loree on Aug. 2, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Yep! It has been one of those weird weeks for me.

Take things one minute at a time and get outside for fresh air, barefoot if you can.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)