Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Fat people and excuses

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
I commented on a mommy bloggers post about a comment her son said about how she calls herself fat and he said its just who are you.i said that you don't have to stay fat so she linked to a blog that says diets and lifestyle change don't work there were a few studies and if your fat your fat .I was so sickened by this .being obese and overweight is not something to be proud of.your At risk for so much health shit.only a small percent of people have a disease or disorder that keeps then from loosing weight.the rest is excuses.

She said I would disagree with that because for 97% of fat people that's not true and the blog is called lovelivegrow
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM
you are right, she had the option to change her weight. but for some people out of very difficult for them to do it. not impossible, but hard to do.
orliesmom
by Silver Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Some people actually DO have medcal conditions that make them gain weight BUT I do not think that is an excuse to just stop being healthy completely and give up. This happened to my step dad and now they wont qualify him for disability because his doc said HE could change if he wanted to and she chose not to and thats exactly what the doc told the disability. His fault.

I do however get mad when people use having kids as an excuse. If someone has 2+ kids and say 'oh im fat because I had 3 kids' Im like SO I DID TOO! And I am nowhere near being fat because I take care of myself and personally dont want to ever get fat.

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:05 PM
Certain body types and genes will make it more likely for you to be overweight or obese. And certain body types will never be tiny and willowy. However telling yourself that you can never be fit and trim for your body type is such a disservice to yourself. I used to believe it but I was very wrong.

Lifestyle changes do work! You just have to find out how your body works and give it what it needs. It requires a great deal of self discipline in order to keep to the changes long enough for them to become routine. After that its not hard anymore. ;).
activitymode
by Platinum Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I didn't realize disses made you fat.

that explains A LOT.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:07 PM

you do know there is a DNA that cause obesity as well right?  I was on meds it caused me to get super over weight, it was nothing i did, you need to look at the whole picture.. I think it someone is proud of how they look regardless we should be praising that.

i_am_no_1
by on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I have a GREAT excuse....

I'll get to it later, lol

sugareemommee
by Ruby Member on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:10 PM
Disses this post.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:13 PM
For some people, being big is a part of who they are. Also, just because a person is big doesn't mean they aren't healthy. They could be doing everything right as far as eating, exercise, and such and still be healthy. One doesn't have to be a Skinny Minnie to be healthy. It's all how one takes care of themselves regardless of size that matters.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Aug. 2, 2013 at 3:20 PM

There are very few people who exercise and eat healthy diets and don't lose weight.  Those who do have teh misfortune of having a rare condition that makes losing weight impossible they still have a better quality of life if they eat heatlhy and exercise.

I have an underactive thyroid and most of my family is obese yet I am a 125 pounds and very fit.  Many have no clue what a healthy diet is and that is a huge problem.  We are vegan so I do know that helps us out a lot.  My husband and I run every morning for an hour and I go to the gym on my lunch hour at work for 30 minutes daily.  As a family we go biking several times a week.  Being active is just part of our family life. We don't even have a TV because we are so busy we rarely watched it. 

My extended family claims obesity is genetic but when you watch what they eat and how little they exercise you see it is just a family pattern of laziness and overeating at play.  Those of us in my family who made the choice to eat right and exercise have been successful.   We live in a nation where 2/3 of the population is overweight so it easy for so many to come up with excuses for why they are fat.  It should never been seen as normal or acceptable when the generation being raised now is very obese and their life expectancy is far less than for my generation. That should piss people off and make them want to do better for themselves and their kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2013 at 5:48 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)