Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i dont know what to do about this woman!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

My mil. she is elderly. She's also had a couple of strokes & is diabetic.  So, she has to live with us. She's lost most of her eyesight

It's very stressful and every now & then I get overwhelmed. DH is out of town until next Sunday, and this woman is shining her fucking ass in all her glory. 

She obsesses about the cleanliness of things. cool, right? It's almost like having a maid. but almost is right where it stops. I can't do ANYTHING in the kitchen or she pitches a fit. Shit, I can't clean things without hysterics. 

And cooking dinner or getting her to eat ANYTHING is like getting Justin bieber to pull his pants up. every thing is "too spicy" or "too gooey," last night I literally boiled potatoes (no salt, no pepper) mashed them and they were "too spicy" 

I made spaghetti a few nights ago, she claimed it was "wooooonderful," I found the discarded noodles in a box.the same amount I served her. She refuses to eat ANYTHING other than wheat thins, ham sandwiches and fast food. 

It's so freaking stressful. I ihave to literally watch her like a hawk, which in turn makes her indignant. But it's that, or have another Damn stroke. 

I don't know what to do anymore. Sigh. 

Help?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:52 AM

come ON. every time I post something, I get zero replies. Unless it's about 504 or some conspiracy theory, we get no attention. Ugh. 

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:54 AM
2 moms liked this
She cleans and doesn't want you to cook for her? I fail to see the problem here...
shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:55 AM
3 moms liked this
Um...if I were in that situation, I would be looking into an assisted living facility or retirement community. You can't trade your health and sanity for hers.
2ninos4me
by Mrs.Erika2 on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:56 AM
Dont cook for her and just tell her that whenever she is hungry to order fast food ... If she bitches just calmly tell her that while you understand that we all like different food , tge fact that she always has sonething negative to say about your cooking that is best for her to continue eating the same theee things you mentioned because you dont need to deal with the stress she causes you at eating time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:56 AM

the issue is that she WON'T eat. 

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

She cleans and doesn't want you to cook for her? I fail to see the problem here...

AngelSinger
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. I would recommend contacting your local department of aging and disability. Find out about respite care, senior centers, the whole shebang. You should not have to go at this alone. Good luck.

smurfbitebug
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:57 AM
She sounds peachy. But what are you going to do? Let her eat what she wants. That's one less daily battle.
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:59 AM

IF she will only eat ham sandwiches then give her ham sandwiches...you can buy the deli meat that has low salt. Try finding wheat thins with low salt......As far as the fast food...............tell her they all closed down...GL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2013 at 12:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Well let her ass starve .  She will eventually get hungry enough to eat 

Quoting Anonymous:

the issue is that she WON'T eat. 

Quoting Jaxsonsmama2009:

allornone
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Ask her for a recipe or have her show you how to cook..not that you don't know no but her way. Please don't take that the wrong way.  What does your dh cook for her?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)