Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you nice to your neighbors?

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:33 AM
  • 15 Replies
I am. I always say hi, I've given a ride to one who lives across the street but I don't know very well and just generally try to be helpful if the opportunity arises.

I'm glad too :) today after dh got in a accident in front the husband of one was asking my dh if he was okay and mentioned his wife knew me and how nice I was while other neighbors have come by to offer any assistance if we need rides since we may be out if a car for awhile.

What kind of neighbor are you?
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Princess_s21
by Sarah on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:35 AM

absolutely, we dont have any neighbourhood drama, thank goodness.

Pink.Sunshine.
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I don't talk to them really. I only know the upstairs guy and that's only because his son and my son attend the same school. I rarely see him and will say a "hi" to him but that's it.

shadow_lark
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:35 AM
I'm cordial, but I keep to myself. I'm not a people person
Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:37 AM

I wave Hi & Bye. I only talk to maybe 3 or 4 of them on a regular basis.

Chan_Brawner88
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:37 AM
I'm a terrible neighbor. We live in a duplex, and a new girl moved in with 2 rowdy little boys. She is perky with bad grammar. She annoys me. She interrupted dds nap her first day, they are loud and don't stay on their half of the property. I can tell she just expects everyone to bow to her. So there, lol. I'm a grumpy anti social neighbor.
ElleLuvsOrchids
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:46 AM

We're friendly, but a couple of our neighbors are not.  The woman next door will not make eye contact or speak with us (almost 5 years and have never spoken to her).  She probably has social anxiety disorder or something.  The woman across the street is just all out nuts.  She stands in the street screaming at no one about all sorts of things.  The police have been called on her several times for I don't know what (screaming in the street perhaps).  We have a creepy older woman and her 40 year old son who have both been caught going into other folks homes and yards and stealing things.  They haven't tried to get into our house or yard because we work from home and are here most of the time.  Otherwise our neighbors are friendly too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:49 AM

im nice, i say hi and chat a bit if I see them out. The one older guy mows my grass because one day he say how much trouble I was having starting my stupid mower. Hes super nice lol.

Mom2five87
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Yes. We only actually know 2 of our neighbors at the moment. The people that lived right next door to us (on the left) just moved out last month. So now we only have the 2 houses to the right of us. Immediately to the right is a guy that lives alone but has 3 dogs and a cat. He's kind of odd but very nice and he mows our yard for free. I really like him. Then beside him is an older woman who pretty much keeps to herself. She has cancer and is getting chemo right now so she doesn't feel good most of the time and we don't see much of her.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

OrangeBalloon
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:52 AM

We like our neighbors and they like us. Just the other day one of our neighbors brought us some homemade Cesar salad dressing. It was awesome. Mmmmmm. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:52 AM
Well my mamas my neighbor on one side so yeah.. Gotta be nive to them... And idk the other side. And across the street the girl sells xanex....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured