Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Will these colors flow together??

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:51 AM
  • 29 Replies
I really need to repaint, however from certain spots you can see all my downstairs rooms so I want to colors to flow right.

Opinions (photos in comments)
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ninjakids
by Christina on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Mobile Photo

Yeah its a mess i haven't cleaned yet lol
ninjakids
by Christina on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Mobile Photo

this color for my kitchen
ninjakids
by Christina on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Mobile Photo

the green in the toyroom (the area with white walls lol) and the blue in the living room (the dark area)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:55 AM

If you stuck with earth tones, you'd have ALL kinds of colors to choose from. Since they're earth tones they all blend together and it's really easy and flexible to match furniture with them. You didn't mention which colors would be seen together so it's hard to say if this would all look good.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:55 AM

I like them! there not too crazy, but will make the rooms look less bare

rfhsure
by beast mode on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:57 AM

yes for the toy/living room. But I'm not sure the oranga wall would flow well into the green wall. Maybe do an accent of the orange on the far wall of the kitchen? That way you get a pop of color, but not clash with the toyroom?

or, add orange accents all throughout the kitchen without changing the wall colors. Orange decor, curtains, chairs or something.

OrangeBalloon
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:57 AM

There is not enough light in this picture for me to see both rooms. You need to take a picture during the day when there is a lot of sun. That is the best way to know if the colors will flow together. Just looking at the colors alone, I think it would work. 

Quoting ninjakids:

Mobile Photo

ninjakids
by Christina on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:57 AM
i love them that's why i got so nervous they may not flow right :( lol. I also wanted a Brightish color that wasn't too over the top which was hard to find.

Quoting Anonymous:

I like them! there not too crazy, but will make the rooms look less bare

ninjakids
by Christina on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:58 AM
i tried getting as much light but for some reason my living room doesn't have a light..ugh lol. it would definitely be easier in the day though

Quoting OrangeBalloon:

There is not enough light in this picture for me to see both rooms. You need to take a picture during the day when there is a lot of sun. That is the best way to know if the colors will flow together. Just looking at the colors alone, I think it would work. 

Quoting ninjakids:

Mobile Photo

ninjakids
by Christina on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:00 AM
the orange is what i was finding tricky. i was debating switching the rooms for the blue and green but my living room is a pale sage green and i really want it changed lol

Quoting rfhsure:

yes for the toy/living room. But I'm not sure the oranga wall would flow well into the green wall. Maybe do an accent of the orange on the far wall of the kitchen? That way you get a pop of color, but not clash with the toyroom?

or, add orange accents all throughout the kitchen without changing the wall colors. Orange decor, curtains, chairs or something.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)