Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do this or your child will be punished! ETA

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:48 AM
  • 404 Replies
I was reading and signing paperwork for my kids and I came across a sentence that really threw me.....

If the graded paper signing sheet, showing that you have seen your child's work, is not signed and turned in by Friday each week, your child will walk their entire recess on Fridays.....

When the hell did they start punishing kids for their parents actions.....
I refused to sign the paper and wrote a note for the teacher stating that I did not agree with that and of she had any questions she is more than welcome to call me....

Edit:I have 3 children...My middle child has ADD and my youngest is Special Needs. My husband is disabled. I go to college full time and work a full time job...I know there will be times that I will forget.There will be times when my youngest and my husband have severe melt downs and it could take hours to calm them down or in my husbands case a trip to the ER...I am by no means perfect but I am trying....a few of you are throwing around the word lazy....if I was lazy I would not/could not deal with everything that I do...and no it is not hard to sign a piece of paper, but if I do not have a pen on hand (because it can not be signed in pencil and my children are not allowed to have pens) and I forget that is on me...not my child...

Would you have signed it?
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Linagma03
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:50 AM
11 moms liked this

No. That isn't fair to the child. Just because a parent doesn't or won't look at and sign is NO fault of a child! 

christina0607
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:50 AM
10 moms liked this

Unfortunately not enough parents care, so they have to do things like this. 

It's also time to start teaching kids to be proavtive, so this teaches them to be responsible enough to bring the paper to their parent to sign it.

Of course there are also parents like you that maybe don't think their kids should be held accountable.

Yes of course I would sign it. 

navywifey333
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Nope. I would have done the same thing as you.
faire_jour
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM
12 moms liked this

Why don't you be a responsible parent and sign the freaking notebook?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM
It show the kids responsibility.
jojo_star
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:52 AM
5 moms liked this

Yes, because it has nothing to do with the parent signing it, it has to do with the child showing the parent the paper, you signing it is how they know that your child showed it to you. 

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:53 AM
2 moms liked this

I would not have signed it and started a huge stink about it. That is corporal punishment and not legal in many states. 

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Yes, bc I look through everything anyway lol
PartyOfCuatro
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:53 AM
Exactly.

Quoting christina0607:

Unfortunately not enough parents care, so they have to do things like this. 

It's also time to start teaching kids to be proavtive, so this teaches them to be responsible enough to bring the paper to their parent to sign it.

Of course there are also parents like you that maybe don't think their kids should be held accountable.

Yes of course I would sign it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 3, 2013 at 10:54 AM
6 moms liked this
You're an idiot. Corporal punishment.

Quoting purpleducky:

I would not have signed it and started a huge stink about it. That is corporal punishment and not legal in many states. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN