Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

for those who go garage sale-ing

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 16 Replies
I'm having my first ever garage sale and as a mother of 4 I have shit-ton of kids clothes from newborn up to size 6 in girls and boys. I take good care of my kids clothes by removing the stains from them so most of them are just gently used with no stains. How much should I be selling a gently used child's shirt for? what about pants?

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent" ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kitschy
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I always put all the kids clothes in a bin for $1.00 a piece.

angelachristine
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:18 AM

Unless it's something absolutley fantastic I won't pay any more than a dollar or two at a garage sale.

liltampa71
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

honestly, i never sold anything for more than $4, and that was for brand names.  People look for deals.  If you price them right, you will sell a lot and actually make more than if you price them too high.

Good luck.  Garage sells are also a cool way to meet new people in the neighborhood!

colins_mom
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I always put .50ยข or a 1.00 on kids clothes. if you want more find a consignment shop and even that is iffy.
UpstateAnnette
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:20 AM
1 mom liked this

I would say basic clothing 25cents to $1.00 a piece depending on the name brand and the area that you live in.   You can ask more for coats, nicer dresses/dress suits.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:20 AM

I just want to get rid of the stuff and we've got a ton of good, clean boys clothes.  I sell each item for a quarter a piece.  Because of the cheap price, we usually sell a ton of clothes and get rid of all but a few articles.  The garage sale isn't about making money for me, it's about clearing out and helping out. 

Nichole0403
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:21 AM
About a dollar. I always like to find the ones that you fill up a bag and it's $5 or less per bag. You are more likely to get rid of everything that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:23 AM
If you want them sold, put $.50 on shirts and $.75 on pants and reduce your prices by $.25 on the last day of your sale.
Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Yeah, this.

Quoting angelachristine:

Unless it's something absolutley fantastic I won't pay any more than a dollar or two at a garage sale.

SweetPea2004
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Denim I sell for more between $2-$4 depending on the brand

Basic clothes $.50-$2

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)