Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i had no choice! *update*

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM
  • 941 Replies
26 moms liked this
So my dd and ds were outside playing in our yard when all of a sudden I see this big German shepherd running for my girl. I swear things happened so fast after that I'm still trying to understand what happened. The next thing I know this dog is on top of my baby so I guess I just reacted I grabbed my neighbors garden gnome that sits in our shared yard and I just starting hitting the dog with it. Finally I made contact with its head and it yelped jumped walked around and then laid down on the sidewalk. My neighbors came running off the porch her dh had ran back in to get his pistol , he is a paramedic he looked dd over her face is a little scratched up and her hand was bleeding he said he thought she was fine I'm still debating about taking her to the ER maybe they need to check for a concussion? The owner walks up and starts freaking out on me telling me I WILL be paying the vet bills and I WILL be hearing from her attorney. I'm just like whatever I'm so shocked I did not agree to pay I was just like whatever you say. My neighbors husband asked if her dog had a rabies shot she said NO!!! She said her dog didn't need one bc it is an inside dog Wtf?? She then goes on to tell me how I beat her poor defenseless dog that was just trying to play . Idk what to do they left to take their dog to the vet, I called my ex husband he is calling his attorney to make sure I am not responsible for any bills. We have leash laws so he does not think I am. Even if I am , I'm not paying . Idk what to do , call the cops? Go to the ER? I just don't know. I never thought something like this could happen so quick. I was right freaking there.

I took her to the ER , I never did get her in the tub so when I walked in she was covered in blood and so was I I think it scared the nurses. The doctor wanted to start her on rabies shots since the dog attacked her for no reason. I wanted to talk to her pedi but he was pretty insistent on it so I agreed. He gave her an antibiotic called agmentin (sp?). She was bitten in the hand they cleaned her up but did not sew her up bc the risk of infection. I have to follow up with my pedi Tuesday and he will explain the shot schedule. Everyone was super helpful and did all of the reporting for me.

As far as the neighbors go , my neighbor told me she saw the AS truck down there but either they still were not back or were not answering. I will probably stay in for the day I am just to upset to go down there right now and my dd seems to be pretty upset. I have not put her down her dad came to check on her and he held her and she was fine until I went to pee the minute she could not see me she started freaking out the doc told me she may be extra clingy for a few days. I have had time to think about this whole thing and I am so pissed that someone could be so irresponsible with a large dog my dd is not even 2 and she could be dead right now or have some terrible disfigurement . I can't imagine a sweet friendly dog doing this so they had to know. I am calling hoa and reporting all of this , they have been pretty lax about pets being off leashes and after today I just cannot be okay with that. Thank all of you for your kind words I do appreciate them , just everyone BE CAREFUL I swear all of this happened so fast.
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:27 PM
2 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

This is her hand
missymackie
by Mrs. Dixon on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:27 PM
25 moms liked this
Did he actually bite her? I would definitely take her to the er and call the police
Motherof3inNJ
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd take her to the ER.

2ArfarasMom
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:28 PM
47 moms liked this

If you have a leash law then I think you are fine. Owners have to have the dog in their control at all times so if that dog ran freely onto your property -- then he wasn't properly restrained and your arent liable. TAKE HER TO THE ER and then hand your neighbor the bill 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:28 PM
8 moms liked this
Hopefully your daughter does not get rabies.... If the bleeding was extensive then the dog was not "just playing around." Call the police and file a report of her dog attacking your dd.

GL
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting missymackie:

Did he actually bite her? I would definitely take her to the er and call the police

2ltlmonkeyz
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Idk it was on top of her , can the police do anything?

Quoting missymackie:

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:29 PM
6 moms liked this

I'd take her to the hospital just to be safe, and file a complaint with animal control. So glad she's ok.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM
7 moms liked this

Take her and call animal control. They will make sure dog doesn't have rabies or disease and put them as a danger. Drawing blood is never acceptable.

Leobaby2007
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 1:30 PM
45 moms liked this

OMFG yes you did the right thing! Fuck the dog's owners! It attacked your child! I probably would have killed it. Take her to the ER. I would. Is she horribly shaken up? Poor baby! :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN