Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O Divorce and dating...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies

How long were you married?

How long before you started dating again?

Do you think there should be a waiting preiod?  Why/why not?

For me, I was married not quite a year.  Long story.  Went on my first date (no sex!) a couple weeks after he left.  I think I was just looking for atttention.  I knid of gave up on dating after that first date, it was a disaster! LOL   About 10 days after the divorce was final I got involved with a friend and it has been amazing.  He is my definition of perfect!

But it's a personal choice, everyone's experience is different and it takes some longer to heal than others.  I knew for a couple months that my marriage wasn't going to last.  It was just a matter of him making good on his threats to leave.  It still hurt like hell but I put my big girl panties on, dealt with it all, and moved on!

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:50 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:52 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:55 PM

BUMP!

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM
I was married for 10 years. I was not willing to date while I was still legally married. I have been divorced for almost 2 years and have not been on 1 date. It really sucks but I have not met anyone and I have been ready to date for some time
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM
I have no idea.
Your marriage didn't last long. I would say it doesn't count. Hahahahaha. (I'm joking)
MomAmy77
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I was married for 10 years divorced since December . He is on girlfriend number 4 and I'm still single . It stinks cause I am lonely . I am ready but haven't met anyone . I guess if it was meant to be . I don't thing their is a proper waiting point . Life is to short . 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I'd like for it not to count! Too bad there's a legal record of it.  LOL!

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

I have no idea.
Your marriage didn't last long. I would say it doesn't count. Hahahahaha. (I'm joking)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Do you put yourself in situations to meet new people?  Such as going out with friends, dating sites...

Quoting KyliesMom5:

I was married for 10 years. I was not willing to date while I was still legally married. I have been divorced for almost 2 years and have not been on 1 date. It really sucks but I have not met anyone and I have been ready to date for some time

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured