Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

100+lbs 6yr old

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM
  • 35 Replies
Ive wrote before about my friend. Her kid is a little over 100lbs, very short and just turned 6. He was 5 when he weighed in. He has boobs and a belly flap :(

My friend is very heavy. She is 300lbs and 5' and eats a lot of junk. On many occassions shes been checking in on fb taking pix with her kids at mcdonalds, wendys, taco bell.My dh arranged a small get together for my bday and her kid ate 3 cheese burgers. When she brings them over he gets pizza or chinese. Well when she said his dr said he needs a strict diet I asked is he on one she says oh yes amy ive started him on one. The only reason he saw his dr is because he is pooping his pants in school.

Anyways, she is shoveling fast food, cakes,cookies, and snacks in his mouth. Im worried and idk if its my place to say anything but I feel bad for the kid.

Is there any nice way to tell her not to??
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SSweetcupcake
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:32 PM
Not your problem
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
csxt99
by Jennifer on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Take them to Maury.  He can help you tell her how to feed her kid.

Mommy2BeAmy
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Lol

Quoting csxt99:

csxt99
by Jennifer on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I was worried that my second daughter was going to be one of the fat Maury kids because she was such a fat baby.  She slimmed down after we moved to our house.  We have a big back yard that she could run around in.  Now, she's a tall, thin 12 year old.

Quoting Mommy2BeAmy:

Lol

Quoting csxt99:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM

I used to work for CPS and we had a child in custody because his mother was literally killing him with his diet. He lost 90 pounds in foster care, went home for a bit and gained 17 pounds in three weeks. He was removed AGAIN.

I think you need to say something to the mother before she loses custody or the child has a stroke/heart attack.

svolkov
by Emerald Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:43 PM
If her dr has said strict diet and she is ignoring it she could get it trouble. We had a special needs child get taken from his parents for that reason. It was literally killing him to be so fat
JulyBabies
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Clearly she knows the situation being that the dr. advised that a diet was recommended. Whether you say anything or not depends on how you would  feel if she got angry with you and no longer wanted to be your friend? 

PartyOfCuatro
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 7:58 PM
She is slowly killing him.
Tigress22304
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 7:33 AM

you can try to talk to her-whether she actually listens is another story

Punchyobuns
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 7:37 AM

CPS does get involved in those kinds of cases now. Idk what I'd do though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)