Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You Got Married Where???

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM
  • 210 Replies

I was talking to an old coworker about weddings when she told me about her friend who had recently got married... in McDonald's!

the friends reasoning? there are a lot of kids in the family that would be at the wedding so getting married in McDonalds made it so they had somewhere to play.

I still dont understand but hey if that's what they wanted to do then good for them i guess but i would have never done it.

Where is the weirdest place you've heard of someone getting married?

by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Blueajah
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Totally off subject but your profile pic is perfect for this post. It's like your lo is looking at the question like wow really. I don't have any weird wedding place stories. I got married on a huge round rock in the middle of a river though.

elarsen4eva
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:30 PM

lol and i just changed my profile pic after i posted this.

Quoting Blueajah:

Totally off subject but your profile pic is perfect for this post. It's like your lo is looking at the question like wow really. I don't have any weird wedding place stories. I got married on a huge round rock in the middle of a river though.

gynoswife
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:32 PM

I have never understood people getting married in Wal-Mart either....I got married on the beach in FL.

Blueajah
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:36 PM

Well I'm glad I got to see it before you changed it. I needed the giggle.

Quoting elarsen4eva:

lol and i just changed my profile pic after i posted this.

Quoting Blueajah:

elarsen4eva
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM

yea i dont understand that either.

i didnt have an extravagent wedding. DH and i got married in the city building, in the gym area that we decorated

Quoting gynoswife:

I have never understood people getting married in Wal-Mart either....I got married on the beach in FL.

CjEmmemommy
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM

That is the weirdest I have heard:) I married without a judge, vows or rings etc but its wasn't in a weird place, just a weird way..

Everyone else I know got married in the normal places.

WesternNYmom
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I have heard stories of people getting married in Supermarkets, and a local mall in my area hosted a wedding  a few years back. The couple tied the knot near the food court.

Mommy2b2many
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I had a friend who got married at a really sketchy park as in drug uses and prostitutes; and gang members frequent that park. They actually had cops doing a drug bust less than 100 feet away from the wedding in the middle of the ceremony lmao. And they had the KFC down the street cater it... But hey they've been married 5 years and honestly have fond memories of the wedding; that's all that really matters right?

elarsen4eva
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

man i wish i would have had enough money left after my wedding to cater with KFC lol jk

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

I had a friend who got married at a really sketchy park as in drug uses and prostitutes; and gang members frequent that park. They actually had cops doing a drug bust less than 100 feet away from the wedding in the middle of the ceremony lmao. And they had the KFC down the street cater it... But hey they've been married 5 years and honestly have fond memories of the wedding; that's all that really matters right?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:43 PM
That's the weirdest! I don't know anyone whose gotten married anywhere odd.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)