Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Breastfeeding in public... THIS is what makes me angry

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 1353 Replies
140 moms liked this

Mobile Photo

I fully support women that breastfeed in public. I don't really care how discreet you are as long as you are doing it for the sole reason of nursing your infant.

Why is it that some women think that they need to make this huge public display against formula. It's an alternative choice. Why can't it be promoted as well without such displays?

What is that stand hurting anyone? Surely the middle of the floor was not the most comfortable place for her and that infant.

It just seems like picking a losing battle. Formula moms vs breastfeeding moms... who really cares?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:36 PM
196 moms liked this
I agree with you completely. I am pro breastfeeding, but not doing it to be argumentitive.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:37 PM
23 moms liked this
Thank you!

Breastfeeding is such a beautiful thing! It's also something that I feel is between my child and me... for nourishment.

Quoting Anonymous:

I agree with you completely. I am pro breastfeeding, but not doing it to be argumentitive.
marmie41
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM
271 moms liked this

Would be nice to see a woman, sitting next to her, formula feeding her baby.  As they are having a civil convo about the joys of being a mother.

5PointedHuman
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:38 PM
73 moms liked this

I like this picture very, very much :)

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:39 PM
142 moms liked this

Ugh god. I swear some of these bitches should take their own advice and actually bond with their child instead of using them as a pawn in their attention whoring. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

csxt99
by Jennifer on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM
39 moms liked this

This is certainly not helping anyone get their point across as pro breastfeeding!  Most people probably just think she's a nut.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM
50 moms liked this

What makes me angry is she's half naked, and that's not necessary...especially in public.  I'm not saying throw a blanket over your child, simply wear discreet-nursing-friendly clothing.

destiny3513
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:40 PM
82 moms liked this
Although a bit dramatic and in bad taste, if she were next to a river or in a park it would be a really beautiful picture. And she's probabaly not against formula but the greedy company that lies and manipulates women to think they need it when they want to breastfeed. If a woman wants to feed her child formula that's okay but companys don't care about your baby they just want money.
TrouserMouse
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM
218 moms liked this
If people would allow women to breastfeed in public as comfortably as women are allowed to bottlefeed, people wouldn't feel the need to prove a point.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 3, 2013 at 8:41 PM
45 moms liked this

Because no one was there to say "Hey here is some information!"

It'd be like going to a career fair and there only being medical jobs. Well now your being swayed to the medical field since there was no one there to say  "well there are some great jobs in the computer field...."

Its a form of protest. Its our right 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)