Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Her baby shower ruined our friendship!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My friend had a baby shower this afternoon. I got her a really nice pack and play that she had on her registry. I probably spent almost 200 dollars on it.

When I arrived at the door and tried to walk in and she immediately stopped me and said the 'price' for entry is a box of diapers. I explained to her that I had gotten her a much nicer gift and she still refused to let me in without the diapers. I turned around and walked back to my car and did not return. She even had the nerve to call me and tell me I can drop off her gift tomorrow!

Ugh. Ive been friends with this woman for over 5 years! I'm returning the pack and play tomorrow and treating myself to a mani/pedi. I dont need entitled 'friends.'
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Replies (41-50):
silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:20 PM

wtf????

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:20 PM
She wasn't really like that until her first pregnancy. Her first shower had the diaper admission as well, but since I was temporarily out of work I brought her just diapers anyway so I didn't realize it was a requirement.

Quoting jas_momof2:

Yikes!  Yeah, that would totally end the friendship.  Why was she like that?  Has she always been that way?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Are you kidding me?? That is so ridiculous!

Ive heard of diaper raffles, where if you bring a pack you get a ticket and can win but never to attend!!

FUCK HER. 

Anonandon
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Whoa, what a bitch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Keara20
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
That's what I told people. I just wanted to hang out and have a little party.

Quoting Maevelyn:

WTF? I told people they didn't have to bring gifts to my baby shower if they wouldn't be able to and that I just wanted them to come celebrate my baby... I'll be your friend no diapers or packnplay required lol. 

daisybaby91
by lipstick on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:20 PM
Wtf!
TaralynnStewart
by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Well damn just when you think youve heard it all you get a surprise. she's a jerk. 

illinoismommy83
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I totally agree with you. You spent more than enough on her and she was a bitch. Return the gift and just ignore her.

danichaos
by on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Tacky, tacky, tacky!! She just had a baby shower earlier in the year. If she was wanting diapers only she should have had a friggin diaper party and not a baby shower. F that. Enjoy a glass of wine with your mani pedi
star33
by Silver Member on Aug. 3, 2013 at 9:22 PM

i say wow too.if i had all i needed & just said a diaper shower that'd be great if someone brought something even nicer.i'd prob just bring a case of diapers IF i saw that.

enjoy the mani/pedi!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)