Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have a really embarrassing problem and I need help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 88 Replies
I have bad teeth. They're crooked, yellow, and i have a ton of cavities. I was never taught this kind of stuff as a kid and never developed the habits... I rarely brush my teeth. I've tried setting alarms on my phone to help, post it notes, etc but they work for like 2 weeks and then something happens. I'm really embarrassed and i know it's gross but I struggle with it a lot. I haven't been to a dentist in years and I can't afford to go either.
My kid is two and I've been trying to teach him to brush and avoid this problem, but everything just says to brush theirs when you brush yours...problem being that I never remember to do mine.Can anyone suggest ways to fix this?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wicked.Jester
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Ummm....you are an adult, brush your damn teeth.

If you choose not to what is anyone else supposed to do for you?

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Uh, put your big girl pants on and brush your damned teeth?
Instead of letting your anxiety get the better of you in the end which stops you from brushing your teeth, just accept that your teeth will need some fixing down the line and try to maintain what you have now so it won't be so bad down the line. 

Peroxide is a great natural whitener.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Gross. I just don't understand how you forget to brush your teeth. Doesn't your breath smell? Have you tried brushing either before or after you shower? Make it part of your routine.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Your child needs to brush after every meal. If you don't whatever but at least teach your kid that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Download the app called Lift. It may help you to remember.
mnmom300
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this
Leave a note on the bathroom mirror that reminds you.

Get a badass toothbrush, maybe one of those mechanical ones? That you really enjoy using.

Buy new toothpaste that you really like.

Basically, invest in it - get toothpicks, get cool accessories, buy mouth wash, and really commit to using all the tools.

Everyone has their problem - mine would be washing my face at night. Some people have their weight. Everyone has a struggle. I've found when I go out and get moisturizer and new face cleaning stuff, I'm more committed. Good luck!
highlandmum
by Spunky on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:40 AM

I do not have any suggestions.  I just think you need to get into a routine with it, and it will come.  You could make it a fun time with you and you child.

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Write a note & put it on something you do use everyday. Your hairbrush, your fridge, your coffeepot, whatever. 

bethgoedeken
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM

set a timer on your cell phone?

alexxxxx
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Brush your teeth as soon as you wake up and right before bed. If you can build it into your routine for 3 days it will become automatic. Don't rely on an alarm.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured