Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

your pets are ruining your beautiful house!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 63 Replies
I think it's a HUGE shame when people have a beautiful house in a great neighborhood, and they fill it with animals, who stink it up, shed their hair everywhere, chew everything in sight, and if they're not housebroken or want to squabble over who the alpha is, then you're going to have pee and poo everywhere!! GROSS!!

I like pets, myself. I have one small, well groomed dog. I see no problem with one or two well trained, groomed dogs or cats, especially if you clean your house often, but lots running around is bound to mess up your house! My mom knew this one animal loving lady who had a big expensive house. This lady would dog sit for people, (including for my mom), and we walked into her house, and she has very little furniture, she's got baby gates everywhere, and her house STINKS!!

She had probably a dozen animals running around. WHY!?!

A long time family friend of ours has big dogs and PIGS, yes, I said PIGS running all over her house, plus her house has that ''hoarder'' look to it with junk everywhere. Does she really like living that way?
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Guess she loves animals.

Different strokes for different folks. I have 2 dogs, that is enough for me.  But some people think it's crazy to have ANY dogs, as they are a lot of work and cause extra cleaning (shed like crazy). My priorities are different than others. No biggie

Zazayam
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Eh, I think that's a problem even if you have a crappy house in the ghetto.

lazycamper
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:33 PM
I have a few cats and a very well trained dog. I clean and scoop everyday and life would be easier with less, but whatever.. So I vacuum and clean everyday. That's life. Lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Unfortunately my house has been ruined by pets. Well mostly just one. We adopted a cat from the human society and later learned he likes to pee are carpet. He has ruined it. We are saving to replace it with laminate flooring. The cat has now become a outside cat, mostly by his choice. We also have another cat who isn't any problem. We also have a golden retriever. She sheds a ton, but as long as we vacuum often its not that big of a deal. I think the humans in my house make it more messy than the animals do. I'm not interested in having a spotless house anyways.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM

thats why dh and i havent got a dog yet, im trying to put it off. we just moved into a new house with new furniture and i dont want a puppy to be pooping and peeing everywhere in my new house and shedding all over my new furniture.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM
4 moms liked this

I think it's terrible when children ruin a beautiful house.  I think the parents should get rid of them.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Pets are a lot of work. That's why we don't have any : )

turtlesquish23
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I have 4 cats in a small apartment and my apartment doesn't stink and my animals are mostly well behaved. its not the number of animals, it's lack of training. I can't stand baby gates and potty pads around the place. train your effing animals.
RiotousDigits
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:38 PM

maybe they think the same about you and your 'on small well groomed dog'

people want different things in life.  they're not hurting you.  stop wasting brain cells worrying about it.

alf2651
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I was about to be all sorts of disagreeable with this post and then my dog knocked over the trash can.

Way to go, Pup.

CafeMom Tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN