Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

disability and getting screwed over. Open this please.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies

So I just talked to my dad, he and my mom went to court for child support for me and my 18 year old brother. I'm 21, married and haven't lived with my mom since I was 18, I paid $500 in rent also. My mom was still getting paid for me up till last year (I had no idea) Well my dad took her to court to shut off child support for me and my brother since we are both over 18. My mom was PISSED she tried to get me to go to a mental hospital and signed over my dd to her so she could get child support for me -_-.

Well I didn't and he won, he doesn't have to pay for me anymore, but he has to pay for my brother for the next 5 or so years as long as he is in school and living with my mom. 

My dad told me that his lawyer found out that she was gettig almost $1,000 a month for me claiming I'm disabled in my maiden name, I have sever depression and have been in and out of hospitals for cutting and suicide attempts from the time I was 11 until I was 17. 

Is that even possible? How would I find out if she's doing that without confronting her? She will just cuss me out and hang up on me. I can't talk to her about anything to do with money. She flips shit. 

Help please?

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:35 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:36 PM

bump

RaniNY
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Contact the Social Security Administration, explain your problem, and ask them if you are receiving SSI or SSD. If you got it when you were a minor, then yes, your Mom could have done it as your legal guardian without your knowledge.

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Damn.....

Yes, it's possible. You're mother is a greedy wench. I would cut her ass off for good. Shes not right in the head and clearly does not need to be around your children.

Crazy tends to be contagious. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Lorena
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM
I do not see how that is possible. My mom got SSI/SSD for my sister. The moment she turned 18 it switched to my sisters name and my mom got nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:50 PM
I know she is. She hasn't worked since 2001, and still makes twice as much as my dh is disability... And she gets almost $800 a month for my grown ass brother... If she's getting disability for me claiming in crazy I'm going to show her what crazy actually is.

Quoting ButterMeUp:

Damn.....

Yes, it's possible. You're mother is a greedy wench. I would cut her ass off for good. Shes not right in the head and clearly does not need to be around your children.

Crazy tends to be contagious. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Well my dad said his lawyer said "are you aware Megan is getting $950 a month in social security for Kelly Doon?"
Doon is my maiden name (I used fake names lol) so I was just curious if she could have just not told them I got married? If she is getting it, it has to be illegal?

Quoting Lorena:

I do not see how that is possible. My mom got SSI/SSD for my sister. The moment she turned 18 it switched to my sisters name and my mom got nothing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:54 PM
I was never aware that I was getting ss at all...

Quoting RaniNY:

Contact the Social Security Administration, explain your problem, and ask them if you are receiving SSI or SSD. If you got it when you were a minor, then yes, your Mom could have done it as your legal guardian without your knowledge.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Yes and it is illegal. But you can also get in trouble legally I you don't do anything about it now that you know.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Don't confront your mom just call the Social Security Administration and explain what you think might have happened and they can take care of it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured