Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son is a jerk

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 61 Replies

My 18 year old son acts like such a jerk sometimes. You cant even ask him a question without being yelled at.He spends most of his time in his room alone on the computer. He is very secretive about everything, even stupid things like he doesn't want people watching him play xbox in the family room...He picks on his little brothers when he does come out.

This kid wants for nothing. He is shown attention and love just like everyone else in this house. I don't understand where we went wrong. He is developmentally delayed, so he has the mind of a 15 year old really. But he knows better than to act like this. I just don't know what to do with him. The constant arguing over nothing is wearing me down. And now since he is 18,he feels the need to say that all the time"im 18 I don't have to do that" I need to apply for guardianship of him,but to be honest I don't even know if I want it anymore. Thinking of sending him to live with his grandmother or something.

I asked him a simple question today of if he changed the batteries in his mouse(he was saying it wasnt working) and he started screaming and slamming doors...who does that??Help:(

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:57 PM
3 moms liked this
It might have to do with the fact that he's wants for nothing. Is it possible hes now an entitled brat because of that?
QuirkyMom26
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

He's 18.  Tell him to stop being a dick face or he can find another place to stay.  If he wants to act like a little brat, make him pay for some of the bills.  (example: internet)  

missymackie
by Mrs. Dixon on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Next time he acts up tell him he's 18 and can move out on his own
lavagirl27
by Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:59 PM

He seems to have a lot of anger could it be that he is angry about his developmental delay, peer pressure can be very hard on kids. Maybe he is angry about other things as well, try talking to him calmly about his behaviour and see what happens if he does not listen then you need to make some drastic decisions. He can not be allowed to make the other children unhappy bor uncomfortable, that will cause more problems in the long run. Wish you luck

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM

It could be. I admit that I do tend  to get my kids the things they want.They all have computers,tablets etc...But my other children are not jerks and they are grateful for the things they have.They show me love and respect,as I show them and we get along great.His paternal uncle is a jerk too...I swear if I didnt know better I would think it was his kid.

Im sure it is partly our fault that he acts the way he does.But he bares some responsibility as well.he was brought up to respect people,not slam doors in their faces when they ask a simple question.Seems to just get worse the older he gets,this attitude started at about age 14.

Quoting Anonymous:

It might have to do with the fact that he's wants for nothing. Is it possible hes now an entitled brat because of that?

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Kick his ass out.

If he wants to be an entitled rude brat, he can do that shit in his own house. 

Can't believe you havn't done it already. Let his mean ass struggle!

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Depression...  You need to force him out of his room and into life.  Good luck.

turtlesquish23
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Time for him to get a job, go to school or move out.
tardistraveller
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I would be saying, "you're right you are 18.  Get out."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)