Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

When nobody's happy about your pregnancy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 52 Replies
I told my family that I am pregnant with baby #3 and no one reacted nicely. I had one person say congrats but you had better be done after this. It's hurtful. We aren't done after this. We want a big family preferably 4-5 kids. Everyone in our families think we are nuts since we have a boy and a girl. They think I should of just tied my tubes and been done.

It's sad when people are rude and snarky about something that is a happy event :/ how do you deal with family like that? They were even this way for our second just not as bad as this time
Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 12:59 PM
3 moms liked this
Leave them out of your life. Life is too short for negativity. Don't give fetus updates, don't say when you're labor, don't announce your next pregnancy. You don't need anyone to congratulate you on your life
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Karopie_99
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM
I'm 28 weeks pregnant with baby #4, when I told my mom her reaction was you're getting fixed after this one right! SO's mom didn't say much, just asked when. None of our friends or family are excited. Oh well, then we won't let you know anything going on since you don't care anyways. My mom was more joking when she said that comment, but it did hurt a bit. Although we are done and closing down shop after this one! My kids are 12, 5, &2
QuirkyMom26
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM

What reason do they have to say those things?  I feel that there is more to it then what you're leading on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
We weren't happy when the SIL was having another baby. They can't take care of the ones they have and their relationship has DV issues.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:03 PM
I hear that A LOT on here in CM; that women get negative reactions from family instead of positive ones. So unfortunately what you are going through is not uncommon. Our parents generation was all about 1-2 kids, now people are wanting 3+ and its a lot for people to understand.
Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Too bad for them. Your family your choice, as long as they are not supporting you guys it's NONE of their business.

Congrats momma

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Just stop including them in pregnancy things.  

faire_jour
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Do you live on your own, have jobs and pay your bills?

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Are you poor?

I've never herd of a family reacting baddly, unless the couple is poor and living WAYYYY beyond their means. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

skittlefart
by on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Awe sorry about the bad reaction. :( Congrats on your 3rd though. 

photo Nickysilly_zps1bdda502.jpg
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)