Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Twins? WHAT!!! How do I tell them? UPDATE

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 75 Replies
1 mom liked this

Long story short this was an unplanned and unwanted pregnancy. My DH and I have decided to go the adoption route, we have our family picked out and everything was set. 

I just had my 30 week checkup. Everything was going normal (doctor was checking the heart beat/rate) until the doctor said "wait a minute! We need to do a ultrasound." I started freaking thinking there was something wrong. He was the "want"(no clue if that is what those things are called) all around and then he said..."well looks like you are having twins!" I was shocked! For the first time since we picked the adoptive parents they were not able to make it.  

This was about an hour ago and I have no clue how to tell them. i dont know if this will make them change their mind. I dont know if they want two babies. When I told my DH he was really shocked also. I called the adoptive parents to tell them I wanted to talk over lunch or dinner but I havent heard back from them yet

Anyone every experience this? I don't even know how I am going to say the words. I just dont know 

UPDATE: We went out to dinner with the adoptive couple and I told them. They were very very excited! I am so relieved. I mean I thought they would be happy about it but I wasn't sure. 

Posted by Anonymous on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:11 PM

BUMP!

ButterMeUp
by Butters on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Just tell them.

They can either accept both children or just do a split adoption with two families. 

*If you read my post and there are mistakes in my spelling or grammar please note that I never learned either in school and I am currently learning them now. If you see a mistake POLITELY point it out and I'll be more than happy to correct my mistake. Here's a fun little siggy for your enjoyment. *

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:12 PM
2 moms liked this

You didnt find out you were having twins until 30 weeks?  That is hard to believe.  They knew at 10 weeks for me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:13 PM
9 moms liked this
I call troll. No doctors office is open on Sundays
NiamhWitch
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Wow!

Well assuming the adoptive parents desperately want to be parents, I'm sure they would be thrilled with twins.  I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:15 PM

My mom didnt know that she was having twins (me and my sister) until she delivered my sister and the doctors said "oh looks like you are not done yet"

It is not very common but it is not unheard of. I went and looked at all my ultrasound pictures and it looks like ONLY one in every single one of them. 

Quoting Anonymous:

You didnt find out you were having twins until 30 weeks?  That is hard to believe.  They knew at 10 weeks for me

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:15 PM

My doctors office is open 9-12 on sundays

Quoting Anonymous:

LyTe684
by Ruby Member on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Good luck. Hugs.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I didn't find out until 28 weeks...

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Aug. 4, 2013 at 1:16 PM
My doctor has opened on on Sundays to see me for ultrasounds as needed.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)